DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I came across another similar device to the Pedal Commander. It was an ebay find and I decided to give it a shot.

I have my unbiased comparison of the Pedal Commander and the Chinese 9-Drive. I've driven both for about 100 miles each and used all available settings on both, putting each through the various tests while driving.

Both performed as advertised and there was a significant boost in the response of the throttle. I did not notice any difference between the two.
Install of both is dead simple; however, the Chinese 9-Drive is friggin TINY compared to the PC, and nowhere near as bulky (the PC is definitely built well). I do like how the PC has a bracket that you mount via velcro then snap it into. It makes removing it easy if you need too, but my velcro did not hold -- my cabin gets quite hot as the truck is black. The 9-Drive just mounts on with tape (already on it).

So, with that said, if you're looking to just get a bit more response out of the throttle, with the ability to kick it up a notch to get a little boost of adrenaline, the 9-Drive may be worth a look especially since it's so much cheaper.

Of course, it goes without saying, that there is NO customer service with the Chinese solution, where PC is here and can help with any issues that may come up. So that's the gamble you play.

If anyone is up for a trade, I'm looking to move my Pedal Commander. open to ideas based on what you have (whether it's RAM related or other toys)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Electronic-Throttle-Controller-9-MODE-Pedal-Accelerator-Fuel-efficient/132206545905?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
19 Posts
Funny, I checked both of these out and they say they both fit a 2008 Ram 1500, but not my 2008 Dakota.

I used to have a 2008 Ram 1500 SLT with the 4.7L auto and it was the exact same engine, transmission, and rearend that is in my Dakota. I would assume the throttle body and pedal would be the same as well as the programing pertaining to the throttle control.

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
Maybe it will and its just not listed?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, I have lived here since 1975. Grew up on Elmwood Park. You?
Sorry missed your post. My Grandfather worked for Ducane forever and my Grandmother owned a metal cabinet company there so spent a ton of time there every summer back in the early 70's. My brother would have been born there but there was no Hospital in Aiken back than. Great little town in the day.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Ran across one of these in an auction setting for .99 starting bid on eBay. Auction number 173181883010. I know some of you guys talked about buying this in place of the Petal commander due to the huge difference in cost. Its definitely worth trying if its this cheap. I already have the Pedal commander or i might bid on it myself.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just ordered one on ebay. It's coming on a slow boat from China and will take a month to get here, but for $76 I will try it.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts