DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just got it in the mail today and it was packaged much better than I expected... Everything looks good, but I'm not sure I'll have time to install it today. Here's a couple pics.

Also, it only took 1 1/2 weeks to get here.
Please provide a link to the eBay seller you bought yours from...for $78 shipped and 1 1/2 weeks from China, I’ll take a chance on one. Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is the one I ordered: https://www.ebay.com/itm/172866213044

I ran out and installed it about an hour ago, then went for a ride. It makes it feel like a different truck. Throttle response is greatly improved, definitely spins the tires when you don't mean to. I played with the setting a bit to tame it down and I'll mess with it more when I have time. It was definitely worth a little under $80 to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts

I ran out and installed it about an hour ago, then went for a ride. It makes it feel like a different truck. Throttle response is greatly improved, definitely spins the tires when you don't mean to. I played with the setting a bit to tame it down and I'll mess with it more when I have time. It was definitely worth a little under $80 to me.
Great! I just replied to your PM but I see you posted the seller link here. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just me being inquisitive, but why would anyone pay $300 for an enhanced tps when full tuners do that and then some for the same price? I have both Diablo t1000 and an Superchips F4 so I could compare then sell the loser. SC allows more customization as far as torque management and trans shift points which Diablo dropped, but makes no difference since the spark and fuel tables can get around that. Since Diablo offers hemifever and custom tunes it won lol. Now I need to sell my SC, which costs about the same as the pedal commander.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Because Groot You need an unlocked PCM for the 2015 and newer trucks and that in addition to the cost of the tuner is a hell of a lot more than $300. Not to mention keeping my warranty intact is considerably more important than a couple extra horsepower with the way that the newer Hemi's like to eat cams.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Understood. I looked it up and $1000 bucks is a lot to retune the 2017s. What I really find disheartening is that it seems the pcm is just being made tamper proof. Why! Reminds me of the iPhones, you but things and when you would like to customize it they have some deal that prevents it. So, you really never truly "own" it. Mine is an 06 and when Diablo decided to patch an update taking out trans tune by removing tcm recognition In was upset. Beware! If you do custom tune and feel the itch to update the tuner when you're happy with it, DONT!. Good luck with the pedal commanders guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am old school. I will still break in a motor with high zinc or ptfe specifically to prevent cam wear. Even if it's a roller. I have been lucky to not have cam failure or valve spring breakage, or a valve seat drop. Do run my mixture a tad fat and 180 stat as preventative, but with you guys with 2017s I think they have fixed those powder metal seat problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I followed the link and it said that it isn't compatible with my 2016 RAM 1500 with the 3.6 Pentastar. Are you sure this is the one you ordered? I would hate to order it and then it not work or mess something up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I followed the link and it said that it isn't compatible with my 2016 RAM 1500 with the 3.6 Pentastar. Are you sure this is the one you ordered? I would hate to order it and then it not work or mess something up.
Yes, when you buy it, in the comments you put in the make, model and year of your truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Because Groot You need an unlocked PCM for the 2015 and newer trucks and that in addition to the cost of the tuner is a hell of a lot more than $300. Not to mention keeping my warranty intact is considerably more important than a couple extra horsepower with the way that the newer Hemi's like to eat cams.
in a 2013 would wojld the diablo tine do the same as a pedal commader? not sure i read this properly

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
in a 2013 would wojld the diablo tine do the same as a pedal commader? not sure i read this properly
2015 and newer Mopars have encrypted PCMs so you need a new PCM in addition to a tuner if you want to use a tuner with them. On a 2014 or earlier you can just buy the tuner, but you need to buy the tuner plus a $1000 unlocked PCM on a 2015 or newer. Or you can ship off your current PCM to be unlocked and not be able to use the truck until you get it back, and then the dealer will know you hacked the PCM and may deny warranty work depending on what you take the truck in for.

With the spare PCM you can just put the original back in.

If you just want increased throttle response and don't want to disable MDS or adjust shift points the Pedal Commander is a lot cheaper at $300 than a $300 tuner + a $1000 PCM. The Edge Pulsar lets you disable MDS too and works without a new PCM so that's another option.

But yes, if you have a 2013 the full tuner gives you more functionality for the same price.

Also Groot, the valve seat issue wasn't that they were sintered (your connecting rods are too) its that they were pressed in instead of pinned. I believe they are still pressed on the 2009+ Eagle Hemis but they haven't had valve seat dropping issues like 2003-2008 Hemis which had entirely different heads.

I'd also keep the stock thermo since it will let the oil get hotter and flow better, seems like it'd lessen the likelihood of a seized lifter roller

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the 9-Drive and it works great. My concern is that when I shut the truck off it stays on. Does it shut off after a while or does it stay on?

Wondering if there is something wrong with mine.

·
Registered
2014 8 Speed Hemi 3.92
1,416 Posts
This has minimal amp draw, as a general rule I would disconnect the battery even without it whe the vehicle will sit for long periods.

What setting does everyone prefer, I use p2.6 as the best all around. Might be a little much for city using OEM width tire unless you have a 8 speed 3.21 or 6 speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Chinese 9 throttle controller

I ordered one of these off Ebay. Had a couple of others on the forum say it worked equal to PC. Note, I have still not received as is on a ship somewhere between here and China. Ebay does have a US seller of the same product which I was informed however, I had already placed my order. Will let you know how well it works when it arrives.

Thank you for your post and comparison.

·
Registered
2014 8 Speed Hemi 3.92
1,416 Posts
I ordered one of these off Ebay. Had a couple of others on the forum say it worked equal to PC. Note, I have still not received as is on a ship somewhere between here and China. Ebay does have a US seller of the same product which I was informed however, I had already placed my order. Will let you know how well it works when it arrives.

Thank you for your post and comparison.

Obviously too late for you, but there is a U.S. distributor now by the account wfyb or if you search sellers by location. Bought one for the old man and arrived in 4 business days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I ordered a 9-Drive from WFYB or the store name Kite Town Store. Received my order in 3 days.

I have to say that this is an amazing performance upgrade for so little a price compared to the PC model. Initially I was concerned about not having the bluetooth app ability to control, but that is a non issue. It is so small off to the left of the steering wheel(above the headlights knob). Very simple to adjust! Install of less than 10 minutes, very simple. Mine was set to a default at 2.9 which made my tires spin a few times from stop! Right now I am running it at 2.1 which is a nice spot for my response preference. When snow season is back next winter, I will definitely go back to normal or dial it back a bit to avoid wheel spin.

Highly recommend the 9-Drive or the PC as I know it does the same thing. A Tundra owner took notice of the acceleration and followed me to ask what mods I have done to the engine(I was lead footing it a bit!) Just showed him my S&B CIA and the 9-Drive, was checking out Youtube videos as I left the lot. I have a sports car truck now! :smileup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had mine hooked up for a week very impressed for so cheap. After a week check engine light and service throttle control light came on. I pulled it out throttle control light went off immediately and check engine light went off after a day. I reinstalled it yesterday no problems so far

21 - 40 of 59 Posts