DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have chips and paint run I just noticed. Went to the dealer I get serviced at and they said oh yeah they should fix it. Right above the drivers side door. There is no way I did that. I thought someone tried to break in at first. Called them today and Chrysler denied it they said. I’m talking it back to dodge where I bought it. Bullshit paint. The paint is so weak.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
You need to press your dealership to get them to submit a better report to FCA
Pictures & a complete write up are needed

That is what i had to do, the 2nd submission was detailed & FCA accepted the paint fix
My dealership sent the repair out to the body shop they use, unfortunately the body shop tried spot sand blasting & then wet sanded the paint right through the Clear Coat.
The finished job looked like they were giving someone On The Job Training & the dealership said Officially that it was acceptable, but told me that privately it looked bad

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d rather leave it the way it is then someone mess it up way more. I just noticed it after 11 months of owning the truck

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I’d rather leave it the way it is then someone mess it up way more. I just noticed it after 11 months of owning the truck
That's how I dealt with the paint flaws on my 2016. They were minor in the big scheme of things so I worried that a fix would make it worse or look obvious.

I left them alone. The paint chips came from driving it and I touched them up myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crustier denied it. They said someone made them marks. I said how about the slag as they called it he said my boss will be in Tuesday. Jerkoffs. Makes me not wanna but another ram

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
You weren't really specific about the location and circumstances of the chips, but paint chips are part of driving (unless there's something I'm missing). YOu'd be hard pressed to get chips fixed by anyone under warranty.

The runs they should be willing to correct for you as that is an obvious factory defect and not something attributable to normal wear and tear once driven off the lot

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
where are most of you seeing the paint chips? hood?
what is the MOST EFFECTIVE deterrent? Hood deflector?

Any that I've gotten from driving have been on the front part of the hood and fender tips that would have been protected with the clear bra film on the front 8" on those areas.
I'm guessing a hood deflector would probably do the same thing.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I had a bad experience with a warrantee repaint on a Mazda. I thought original paint was ok, but dealer insisted I bring it back. Big mistake. They had some kid do the repaint in his garage, I think. Didn't matter, as it started rusting into a pile in a couple years. I'd try to fix the chips and maybe hire someone you trust to fix the runs. Luckily, all the Rams that I've owned had good paint jobs. My last Ram had 276,000 miles when I traded, paint was still mint.

·
Registered
277 Posts
All pickup manufactures have paint issues due to mass production. I have lived with paint issues because I agree with others. Never re paint unless you have to.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
Sorry to hear about the paint issues. Had it as well on my true blue 2015 Ram. My dealership took care of it for me, but the paint shop they sourced the job to did a really crappy job... long story. Then when I traded that truck in, I was looking at another true blue ram and it had similar paint issues. :doh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts