DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does my windshield love rocks so much?

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Right there with you buddy, three bad chips out of mine already!

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I am a professional tailgater
i get paid to follow semi trucks closely
we don't want anyone in between my Ram & the semi truck that i am following
which means my Ram takes a lot of abuse from rock chips, etc
When i first bought my Ram, i called Diamon-Fusion, they have a product that protects your windshield & headlights. I had the local guy drive to my place & coat my windshield & headlights. It does NOT last forever, it needs to be re-coated every so often, i went 55,000 miles before i had my first chip, i had neglected to redo the coating, my bad, the windshield now has pitting & i will be replacing it soon.
Then i will have it Diamon-Fusion coated again & i hope i keep up the proper coating, instead of waiting like i did this time
You don't want to see my front bumper, it is badly pitted

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i got two chip on the drive side at the same hight about a feet apart and the truck as 9,000 miles on it. Its sucks have a new truck and the window already has chips its a bummer.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am a professional tailgater
i get paid to follow semi trucks closely
we don't want anyone in between my Ram & the semi truck that i am following
which means my Ram takes a lot of abuse from rock chips, etc
When i first bought my Ram, i called Diamon-Fusion, they have a product that protects your windshield & headlights. I had the local guy drive to my place & coat my windshield & headlights. It does NOT last forever, it needs to be re-coated every so often, i went 55,000 miles before i had my first chip, i had neglected to redo the coating, my bad, the windshield now has pitting & i will be replacing it soon.
Then i will have it Diamon-Fusion coated again & i hope i keep up the proper coating, instead of waiting like i did this time
You don't want to see my front bumper, it is badly pitted
Everytime I get a nice truck piloting behind me I try so hard to avoid the mush on the sides of the roads, sometimes though, you just cant help it :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
62 Posts
First windshield crack last Friday night, ~ 8900 miles. Semi tossed a rock a long, long way. 4 inch vertical crack lower center of windshield. Repaired Saturday morning. Can only see the stop checks.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The quality of the windsheilds today just suck...period. I cant even begin to count how many chips are in the windsheild of this 4th gen truck. I`ve had other trucks for several years (some were well over 200,000 miles) and NEVER had as many chips as i do in this 4th gen`s trucks windsheild. My driving habits have not changed, neither has the miles i drive, or where i drive everyday. So i say its the quality of them that is the problem. I believe windsheilds are thinner today than they use to be and they cant absorb the shock of stones hitting them like they use to. I dont think they use lead in them anymore either, but i`m no expert on that subject on how they`re made. I`m guessing like everything else they make today, build it to break sooner so the customer has to buy a new one sooner. Dunno, its just my own personal opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts