• Quality

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 209 67.2%
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yup. for me looks had a lot to do with it. Now that I've had it for a couple of months. I gotta say. Performance, and quality are darn good as well. I certainly do like the "Hemi".lol.......................

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I shopped for quite awhile before I pulled the pin on my Ram. It was the clear winner in the style and fit and finish department but I fell in love with the power of this truck. Much better than anything out there IMO.

·
Registered
209 Posts
looks played a big part and specially perormance. It was between the Ram and 5.4 3v F150. Even though i really liked the Ford, the HEMI just had much more power. The quality was a bonus.

·
Registered
111 Posts
First and foremost it was looks, then available options. There were certain things I could get with the Ram without breaking the bank that I couldn't with the others. And you can't go wrong with the Hemi, solid and proven.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,361 Posts
Goes without saying, IMO, that the RAM is the best looking truck on the road. I'm always looking at other RAM's whereas the other brands just look blah to me. Can't say looks were the only deciding factor for me, quality definitely came into play. My old Ram took its share of abuse and kept coming back for more so I didn't expect any less from this one and I'm very happy with the changes that have been made through the generations so no need for me to look any further, I have the truck I want! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,361 Posts
Hey everyone I realized that I forgot to start a poll with this thread:doh:
It might be too late now. Anyway thanks for responding.
Just go under the "Thread Tools" tab at the top and in that menu box you will see the option to "Add a Poll To This Thread." :)

- Cajun

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I bought it because my 5. L chevy transmission was going to need rebuilding soon

I won't own a Ford with an automatic
I went to Toyota & no salesman walked out the door, until i was walking off the lot & climbing in my Chevy
I went to Chevy & the salesman said that chevy 1/2 tons don't come with 4 wheel disc brakes & that they would NOT remove the ONSTAR
I went to Dodge & i saw a Sunburst Orange Ram sitting way in back of the dealership, one tire almost flat, battery dead, but it had a V-8. I wanted that color.
I never looked at the grille until after i got it home, never drove it before i paid for it
I just needed a work truck & orange was a good visible color

I am glad that i did buy it though, it came with the Lifetime Drive Train Warranty

·
Registered
471 Posts
i had a 2010 tacoma i was unhappy with. was watchin gearz one day and happened to see the ram express on there. that sold me on its looks. had 2 jeep products before so quality was another factor of comin back to a mopar product.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For me, all I wanted was a full size 4wd, 4 door, 6.5 foot box, A/C, Big Motor, towing package and a couple years old at the time. Under $ 20 000, looked at Ford and Dodge only but Ford just didn't was pulling power according to the BUTT Dyno plus I'm a Mopar Man from the roots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i say all of the above. everything is awesome eveytime you hear ppl say ram there just isnt very many ppl tht knock them. the only main thing i hear tht ppl talk smack about is the 2nd gen. transmissions but really its a quick fix and then its perfect. and there tough as nails mine for example hit a barrier wall and its still on the road only part of the frame that bent is right on the ends but it still drives straight lol (i didnt do it by the way bought the truck tht way) i'd honestly cry like a baby if i did it

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.