• Quality

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 209 67.2%
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Looks, both in and out, ride and tech. Looked at other brands no comparison.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
All the above for me. My supervisor has a 2010 f150 lariet and my boss has 2010 (I think) Silverado. I have driven both and the Ford is nice but feels like your driving a cinder block down the road, slow, boring, somewhat comfortable, way to many buttons (big time safety hazard trying to find the right buttons while driving). The Chevy is extremely cheap inside, not that comfortable, not that good of a ride, but at least somewhat fun to drive. My RAM very comfortable, quick, inside quality, definitely looks (no competition), and definitely price so very easy choice.
Plus I have ALWAYS wanted a HEMI RAM so it was a no brainer for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I own a Challenger and I like to wear attire that says Dodge and MOPAR. Sometimes that may not reflect to well on the Marque when I'm driving my Prius or my Wife's Bimmer. I mean a Harley rider can put a sticker on any one of their other vehicles or wear HD attire when riding in the family car. But when it's winter and I wear my Challenger jacket or MOPAR shirt I would like to be seen getting into or out of a MOPAR product. That's probably the biggest reason I bought my Ram. Enjoy the Journey! Lou.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Number one reason was for looks, I can't stand the square front end on the GM and Fords, and Toyota well their new front end is just plain ugly.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Needed one for price. I like the look and power but i can say that about other trucks as well. Main reason I bought my last few Rams because of how much cheaper they were. Don't get me wrong I like the look and all plus for my newest one a 14 Ram 1500 express RC it was easy. It was pretty cheap and dodge makes the only nice RC 1500. As far as power I have driven some F150's and they had power too. Mainly it was the options and price paid that sold me the most. I am not even a Dodge guy like some people. I have never owned a dodge car. I always preferred okder 5.0 Mustangs when I was younger and now I have a 98 Trans Am and I wouldn't trade it for anything dodge makes.

·
Registered
393 Posts
#1 factor was performance. In the end not a deciding factor.

#2 factor was quality. I have concerns about all 3 manufacturers. Minus some points for one of the competitors.

#3 factor was looks. For us it's the interior that wins hands down. Chevy has some great interior features. Well set out and organized. A close second. I found I could learn to appreciate any of the 3 exteriors if I owned it. Right now, I think Ram looks best.

#4 discounts.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm 6'6" tall with a bad back. I've always driven a Dodge/Ram truck. But this time around I decided I as going to choose my new ride based on comfort of cockpit and ride. Period! I figured I love my Rams but I'm not gonna sacrifice my day to day comfort for brand loyalty. I sat in/drove everything. I was so glad the Tundra was uncomfortable (that thing be ugly!)- the Ford felt wrong the way the dash was laid out and the seats were hard- The Silverado was a mess inside. I sat in the Ram last -- it was so clearly the winner I didn't hesitate. I'd like to think that I was ready to choose another brand if it won the comfort test. The fact the Ram is the best looking truck is just plain icing.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Been a Mopar man all my life, really liked my 2002 Dakota, bought that for looks. I drove by the dealer and saw this truck out front, and as someone else said, it was love at first sight. My dad had a black '57 Chrysler 300C, (traded it in on a puke green '61 Dodge Pioneer....sigh), the front end of the truck immediately evoked fond memories of that Chrysler, I had to have it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1. The interior, love the additional storage features
2. The big 8.4 screen. Easy to navigate
3. Consumer Reports Rating & Review
4. Motor Trend TOY 2 yrs in a row
5. The combo of power and MPG
6. Looks helped but the Ford is good looking too.
7. Comfort
8. Hemi

·
Registered
326 Posts
For me it was more continuation due to all three factors... had an 08, a 2010, then company provided me with a 2011 GMC, (turned that in), and purchased the 13 Outdoorsman... the Jimmy was nice enough, (nicer, and better built than the same year Chevy), but not as spacious, or comfortable, and NOWHERE near as good looking as the RAMS.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quick fix

Well I cant comment on the quality of this 12 ... Ive owned 03, 05, 06, 09 Rams .. but I have noticed some decreases in quality of materials ... interior plastic ... tailgate weight ...
I agree about material, the fabric on the seats of my 04 was much nicer than the 2013. About the tailgate weight, I think it was called EZ Down, takes about 15 minutes to hook it up, takes all the weight off opening, doesn't do anything for closing though.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts