• All of the above

Votes: 209 67.2%
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
The Poll is incomplete!
Where's the selection box for:
Ford completely ruined the new Super Duty so there's nowhere else to turn except to Dodge/Cummins. :doh:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Um not even close to being a QUALITY truck, Mine has SO many issues its not funny.

Why dodge builds somthing with so NICE with crappy parts is beyond me.

Trust me, chevy and Ford are not fairing so well ethier, just a LITTLE better is some areas.............:(

She SURE looks pretty !!!! LOL

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Because I prefer Mopar.

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
The trip-up here, and across a number of the polls & discussions, is the fact that the RAM 1500 (and their owners) are a different animal than the Heavy Duty owners.
The Sporty looking RAM 1500 with its unique beauty and incredible Hemi performance will draw a different mindset than those of us that think in the terms of a 3500 who's primary job is hauling a 14,000# gooseneck.

As a noob and outside observer here it would appear as if the 1500 owners are a lot more satisfied (or forgiving?) than the Heavy Duty crowd.

Is it because of the difference in personality types?
Or perhaps because the preponderance of the more serious problems these trucks have is relate to the Heavy Duty version?

Just an observation that reiterates the fact that the 1500 and the Heavy Duty are two very different machines and might have substantially different outcomes if the polls were divided into those two groups. :4-dontknow:
But I don't know... I'm just a trainee.
-Ej-

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,248 Posts
Thread resurrect!
Well played! Dunno how I missed this one.

Anyway - I had to vote for the looks. Performance would have been second, but I have to admit, I just didn't know enough about the quality of Ram trucks to vote for all 3. I've always had F150's, but when the 4th gen Ram came out in 09', I just knew I had to have one. I knew the Hemi was a strong power plant, my brother had an 07' and a few other buddies had 3rd gen Dodge Ram's with the Hemi, all of which would smoke my 4.6 Triton. I had Hemi envy when I'd ride in their trucks.

Switched to Ram trucks in 2015 when my ole' 2002 F150 finally started showing her age a bit. And I've been very happy with my decision.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Price was right for me (plus my 04 Ram was still running strong, just wanted something bigger). I looked at Fords and Chevys too, but Ram offered a lot more truck for the price.

·
Happy Ram - No more GM
2017 Silverado 1500 QC 4x4.
1,001 Posts
I traded in my Sierra for a 17 Ram, was fed up with lack of support from GM. Also had my fill of the same issues on every truck.

Absolutely impressed with the quality of finish, how nice everything fits together.

Glad I took the chance to go RAM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't gotten mine quite yet, as they are expensive and need a good money saving period before I can get one personally, but as far as my experience goes being in them, reading about them, etc, originally I definitely was all over it because of the look. The front is so distinct, and the animals are actually one of my favourites, so the fact it has a Ram on the front made me love it. Then, interior made me love it too. I enjoy how big they are (my policy is if it doesn't make me look small at an average 5 foot 5 inches, it ain't big enough...), the interior is visually nice and the seats comfortable, as well as my handhold on the steering wheel.
Then once I got over my initial visual love of them, I started delving into their performance and quality, finding that they get some of the best gas miliage of any other trucks on the road, as well as that they tend to last pretty damn long. As far as my own driving goes, I do really like the way they handle, the truck is fairly smooth and the steering/pedals are pretty comfortable.
But all in all, the looks are just irresistible. Imo it's the sexiest, sleekest, most badass vehicle out there, and goes above and beyond other trucks I've seen, driven, ridden in, or had really anything to do with.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just wondering how many bought a Ram because it looked better than other brands. For me it had a big part to do with it.
While overall the RAM (through 2018) is a much nicer looking truck than the Ford/GM (mostly because it doesn't look anything like them) and way better looking than the Titan and Tundra....I specifically bought my Rebel BECAUSE of the horrendously ugly black whale-mouthed grille, giant RAM letters on the tailgate and the obnoxious fake air-scoops on the grille. It's just a Big-Horn (sans chrome) with bigger tires, so the performance/quality are the same as other RAM trucks. The aesthetics made me want the REBEL.

I've previously owned the overly-clad 2002 Chevy Avalanche and the dopey-looking 2006 Honda Ridgeline (Avalanche wannabe), and I love vehicles that others find un-attractive, specifically because they are unattractive.

To me, the 2019 RAM is "too pretty" (as is the Silverado/Sierra and F-150). I don't want a truck that Matthew McConaughey would drive from the sushi bar to the infinity pool while talking to himself. I want a truck that Larry the Cable Guy would drive from the Sonic Burger, to the fishin' hole, with three fat-chicks in bikinis in the back. That's what I see when I look at my '16 Rebel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I primarily bought my 2016 RAM 1500 CC for three reasons:

1). Looks. I have an artistic eye and my truck is literally spell binding to me when I look at it. I can't find one single angle of sight that doesn't make my soul stir. IMHO the RAM series is most stylized truck on the planet. (2019 excluded).

2). Function. After 25 years of owning club cab Dakotas I wanted to carry four people in comfort and lay a sheet of plywood flat in the bed.

3). HEMI. Need I say anything else?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I chose Ram this time because I've owned two Rams before and they served me extraordinarily well. I never seriously considered any other brand of full-sized truck. I did give serious consideration to mid-sized trucks, specifically the GMC Canyon SLE and Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road. Both are excellent choices, and the Taco's resale value is the best in the business- it's as safe a bet as is out there. Having said that, Toyota has no incentive whatsoever to make a deal on one, so I felt I could get more truck for my money elsewhere. I eliminated the Canyon due to the absolutely tiny bed (5 ft). If I could've gotten past that, I may be a Jimmy owner today- the truck was that nice. In the end, the Ram 1500 Bighorn CC had (almost) everything I wanted in a truck, and I'm a happy Ram owner again.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts