DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the dealer tag mount on the front chrome bumper and was left with four holes and I came up with a cheap solution to fill the holes. Walmart sells plastic license plate bolts with snap-on chrome covers. It's a quick $2 solution that makes the front bumper look finished.

Since all the parts are plastic, there won't be any corrosion or metal-to-metal weirdness. I used some 3M double-sided auto tape to keep the bolts centered in the holes and add some permanency to the install. And I crazy glued the chrome caps to the bolts. Added a light coat of wax and was done in about 15 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
good idea......gotta love Wally World....we don't have that problem here in Maryland, we have to have tags on both ends.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Excellent idea and looks good. I searched a while and couldn't find anything, so I just put the plate cover back on and bought a silver "Ram" emblem plate.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Looks good, the holes bothered me too. I put the bracket back on and had a custom front plate made with a picture from my lake house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts