DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their chrome bumpers with the painted sport bumpers? If so, how much did it run you?

I am looking at getting this done and am willing to trade with someone or buy them if you're selling!! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Others have done it and others have priced it. IIRC it costs like $1-2k for the bumpers, brackets, etc. That doesn't include paint. I know Timmy probably has the actual number on the tip of his tongue...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've also looked into getting my bumpers sandblasted and painted which will run around $100 per bumper. $1-2k just doesn't really sit well with me lol.

Has anyone painted their chome bumper after sandblasting? How did it hold up?

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
^that's not bad if it includes both bumpers, all the parts (hardware, brackets, etc.). I'm pretty sure it's more like $1,000 just for the front swap though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have decided myself to get mine powdercoated. 99% color match too. bout 500.00$ gets both bumpers blasted, primed and coated. all I have to do is remove them because they dont have the time to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the next month or so, I plan on having my bumpers sandblasted and painted. I spoke with both the shop that will be sandblasting and also my buddy who is a painter and both said this method of repainting will work.

$80 to sandblast both bumpers
$100-$150 in paint/primer/etc
$20 in labor (case of beer)

I'm also painting my grill body color and the inserts black. As soon as I do this I will be posting pics of the process/results for everyone since there is a lack of this out there!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have decided myself to get mine powdercoated. 99% color match too. bout 500.00$ gets both bumpers blasted, primed and coated. all I have to do is remove them because they dont have the time to.
Rico, please let me know how this turns out as I really want to do this myself. And as for seeing pics i'm sure the other members would like to see this, but I would like to see this in person :smileup: are you getting line-x to do it in burnt lake?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Definitely can't wait for some pics of this!!! I want mine done also, kind of looking toward the powder coating though...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Rico, please let me know how this turns out as I really want to do this myself. And as for seeing pics i'm sure the other members would like to see this, but I would like to see this in person :smileup: are you getting line-x to do it in burnt lake?
Oh i'll let you know for sure. Just waiting on getting the last of my upcoming wedding paid for here in the next week or so then it'll be getting done.
I went to GoPowder in Chiles industrial park on the North end. According to the owner, they're slow enogh right now that if the chrome comes off like it should, I can have my bumpers back that day :smileup:
I spoke with Line-X about them rock guarding the bumpers but the price was literally astronomical

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh i'll let you know for sure. Just waiting on getting the last of my upcoming wedding paid for here in the next week or so then it'll be getting done.
I went to GoPowder in Chiles industrial park on the North end. According to the owner, they're slow enogh right now that if the chrome comes off like it should, I can have my bumpers back that day :smileup:
I spoke with Line-X about them rock guarding the bumpers but the price was literally astronomical
I sort of figured that the Line-X would be expensive. If your turns out well I'll have to go check out that place since they will know what they are going to be getting into. I'm still tossing around the idea of whether I want mine color matched, black or just go all out and get a bulletproof bumper from the guys by the SPCA on 77th

1 - 17 of 17 Posts