DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Last night the tire place that replaced my tire messed up my rim. They dented it in almost looks cracked. Can those 20" chrome covers be replaced? Are they expensive? Easy to do?

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Sounds like they owe you a rim. The cover is bonded to the aluminum under wheel and that is not a wheel you'd want to be showing off. Wish there were better news here.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Boy....Thats the same thing the dealer told me. ITs like a $596.00 rim. This is not going to be good. I can see the GoodYear dealer giving me a hard time when they find out that cost. Anybody have any connections at GoodYear?

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
Maybe they'll split the cost for some aftermarket wheels. There are places the wreck repair centers go to get replacements at a far lower cost than the dealer charges.

Good luck!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would hope if they are a decent GoodYear dealer they would suck it up and replace what they damaged. Its a BRAND NEW truck!!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get a call back from the GoodYear store, of course he say's """"My guy said it was like that when you brought it in"""""""""" I lost it.....Told him his guy is lying to him there is no way. He is going to call me back. They want to look at it, I can't get there till Monday and the time is to late for their manager who leaves at 3:30....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well some good news. They are going to either replace the rim or refund my 225.00 that I paid for the tire. My choice. Told them I would think about it over the weekend and get back with them.

E

·
0 Posts
Don't take it...that's half the value of a wheel you will have to buy.

They damaged it, they need to pay for it.

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Make'm pay for the rim!!!!
Jay

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I took my cash back. Now I have to come up with a way to keep the chrome from flaking off the rim. The cash will come in handy right now..........

Any odeas on how to prevent the chrome from flaking were the damage is?

·
Registered
366 Posts
IMHO - You should have made them pay for a new rim (more $$ than the tire.)

I can`t offer any input into how to keep the rim from looking worse as time goes on. Good luck. And if you do find a way perhaps you can post your findings.

Again, good luck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah but when the cash comes in handy I would rather deal with the mark on the rim. Just looking for an idea to reduce the pealing effect that might follow.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Big mistake. You shoulda got the rim.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
I think you made a big mistake, they need to be held accountable for their mistakes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts