DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found any good polishes or treatments for the Chrome Clad wheels? I was looking at some in Walmart but it seems to be for actual chrome - says nothing about the chrome clad stuff? I'd hate to use it and have it mess with the appearance. Also, has anyone encountered any bad reactions between the chrome clad rims and tire shine sprays? I had the truck through the carwash the other day and turned it down.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
If you are referring to the faux chrome which are plastic, a good plastic polish should do the trick, I use Griot's Garage but there are others.

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
I wax mine when I do the rest of the truck

·
Registered
62 Posts
I use Mothers tire and wheel cleaner, hose it off after about 30-45 seconds. Then I use a stiff brush with Mothers car wash soap and scrub the tires. Then I use a soft wheel brush and the mothers car wash soap and clean the wheels. Rinse, then move to next wheel. Once all are clean, I spray Mothers tire shine on the tires. This stuff makes them real black...not real shiny. It dries really quick too. Then I use windex on the wheels to remove all the water spots and get them shining. Then I lightly dab the tires to remove any excess tire shine spray. It's a bunch of steps, but they look great when I'm done!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I actually let my rims get real dirty didn't wash them for months, not lazy had open appendix Surgery. So today I finally got around to cleaning them and nothing I did would make them totally clean so I used a clay bar on them and that did the trick then I waxed them. It took a long time hope I never have to leave my rims get that dirty again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts