DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if A: there is a red replacement lens out there for the 2012 amber clearance lights, and B: is that is legal (assuming this could differ depending municipality but if there any LEO's on the board maybe you could weigh in). Being a USC fan I loathe orange and while I want the clearance lights and will deal with the orange I'd prefer to change it to a less sickening color.

TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
For one, im new and just getting started wit this , How do i edit my signature with a pic of my truck n stuff.. anf for 2.. i am looking for clearance lights so do you know the best place to get a set? I have been looking for along time and cant seem to find a decent set ..or are they just expensive lol?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'm gonna have it done at some point. My dealer quoted me around $500 for the OEM lights and install. I'm not gonna drill the holes in my roof. Gonna let them do it this way they are responsible if it leaks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
federal standard requires all maker/turn lights in front of the rear axle to be amber and all marker/turn lights that are rear of the rear Axle to be red. This is the federal standard so all 50 states. And you are only allowed to have 4 front facing white lights on the exterior of the vehicle at once.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not sure, but I just installed the Recon smoked amber LED clearance lights on mine. Easy plug and play. Took me maybe 20 mins. The Lens is smoke but you don't see the color until they are on. I think they look mean.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
I purchased a kit from the local Dodge dealer for my '01 for $65.00 and did the install myself . A real nice kit . It included the template , the light assemblys , wiring harness and even the location on where and how to plug it into the fuse box . I would recommend it to anyone . Factory setup is the way to go . You can see what it looks like in my photo album .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts