DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all,

Stumped here. Just noticed an issue with the HVAC system on my 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn this morning. I always leave my HVAC in "Auto" mode and adjust the drivers and passenger side accordingly. Today, after the truck sat for two days, started it up and went to head out. Hit the AUTO button and the button did not light up... went to the climate tab on the UConnect 8.4 and it said Climate Off. I cannot turn it back on so that it registers through the UConnect. However, I can manually turn the fan speed knob and the fan speed adjusts accordingly, I can change the temp and it works as wel, but again, does not register on the UConnect screen; still says Climate Off.

Here is what I have done to trouble shoot up to this point:
  • Held the Volume button and Tune knob simultaneously to reset the UConnect (did this 4 times)
  • Downloaded and installed the latest version of the UConnect software
Any help would be much appreciated. Everything else on the UConnect works - Radio, Phone, Settings, NAV, etc. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Good evening all,

Stumped here. Just noticed an issue with the HVAC system on my 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn this morning. I always leave my HVAC in "Auto" mode and adjust the drivers and passenger side accordingly. Today, after the truck sat for two days, started it up and went to head out. Hit the AUTO button and the button did not light up... went to the climate tab on the UConnect 8.4 and it said Climate Off. I cannot turn it back on so that it registers through the UConnect. However, I can manually turn the fan speed knob and the fan speed adjusts accordingly, I can change the temp and it works as wel, but again, does not register on the UConnect screen; still says Climate Off.

Here is what I have done to trouble shoot up to this point:
  • Held the Volume button and Tune knob simultaneously to reset the UConnect (did this 4 times)
  • Downloaded and installed the latest version of the UConnect software
Any help would be much appreciated. Everything else on the UConnect works - Radio, Phone, Settings, NAV, etc. Thank you in advance.
Hi @Ripley9223 - If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares

1 - 2 of 2 Posts