DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 8.4”n radio without auto feature,
The other day I started my truck and noticed That the climate control was not working I tried to get in to a local dealer but they were all booked for at least a week. So ILooked into forums and only found Similar stories I tried updating the radio I tried resetting the radioThen I ordered a new Climate control module. The day after I ordered the climate control module the climate control started working again by itself It worked for about a week and then I went out to start it Yesterday and now it's not working agan. I took the panel off and change the module around the screen That did not work it still did not turn on I reset my radio again and now the next morning I turn the truck on and now my climate control turns on and turns off turns on I'm not sure what's going on hopefully somebody on here may help me thanks.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,441 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is the fan working and it's not getting cold or is it completely dead? Could be a loose connection or a blend door sticking. Are there any clicks or sounds coming from the heater box?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No there is no fan, no hot/cold selection on screen, no ac light or defrosters lights, and climate just says off after I got home today I tried it again and it just went back to saying off and won’t do anything, no clicks at all. This morning when it was on and off it was like a click of the ac and fan turning on and off

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
No there is no fan, no hot/cold selection on screen, no ac light or defrosters lights, and climate just says off after I got home today I tried it again and it just went back to saying off and won’t do anything, no clicks at all. This morning when it was on and off it was like a click of the ac and fan turning on and off
When I added the cabin filter I forgot to plug the fan back in. The climate defaulted to off. Couldn't do anything on the screen. Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere and it's defaulting to off.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
When I added the cabin filter I forgot to plug the fan back in. The climate defaulted to off. Couldn't do anything on the screen. Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere and it's defaulting to off.
What did you unplug when you installed the cabin filter?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also removed the fan and both glove boxes ( just so nothing would get caught in anything ) mine works just fine so far. I also try to keep the fan on cabin air re circulation to save the filter and keep the lovely farm smells out.
Also keep us updated as to what it is

Regards Eric B

·
Premium Member
3,441 Posts
What did you unplug when you installed the cabin filter?
I unplugged the fan and removed it. It was easy so I didn't want any debri falling in and getting blown into the system by the fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts