DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out a way to rig a clothes bar, etc. in the back seat area of a Crew Cab? Drives me nuts on trips. Thanks.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Welcome to the forum... Glad to have you here... You will find that there are a ton of talented people on here with a passion that we share... Glad to have you....

I am sure that someone will be able to help you with your question.....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
None of those will work, as they all assume you have grab handles above the doors, which the 2012 crew cabs do not have.

The only place in the crew cabs is some hooks above the rear seats, which if used, will block the view out the rear window.

Bad idea on dodges' part.

I have one of those bars, and am still trying to figure out how to mount it up.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Side passenger airbags are the culprit. You can't hang anything across the cab like you use to years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Crew Cab Clothes Rod

The one Mark has does not interfere with the side air bags at all. It is totally suspended above the rear seat. Of course no one can sit in the back but if you are hauling a rod full of clothes like most of the guys I work with there's not room for anyone back there anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crew Cab Clothes Hanger

Just like you, I wanted to hang clothing in the back seat while on road trips and because Ram eliminated the grab-rails that conveniently supported the expandable clothing pole, we're all out of luck! Here's the only thing I could come up with.... I bought a $20.00 rolling/expandable clothes rack from a local department store and collapsed it down all the way then removed the wheels for stability. I folded the seats back and it fit nicely into the rear seat with room to spare for other items....It works for me and I hope it works for you too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone figured out a way to rig a clothes bar, etc. in the back seat area of a Crew Cab? Drives me nuts on trips. Thanks.
I was able to place a clothes rack in my 2012 Ram crew cab. I removed the two plastic plugs above the rear seats on either side above and behind the windows. I took a 1/2 inch by 2 1/2 inch carriage bolt and set it in the hole with the bottom of the head of the bolt set in first and then forced it into the top of the hole. I then put a 1/2 inch fender washer over the bolt and a nut and tightened the nut secure. Once done I took and old shower rod that screws open longer. I drilled 1/2 inch holes in either end of the rubber end caps. I slid one end over the threads sticking out and then opened the rod to fit over the other threads. Works great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was able to place a clothes rack in my 2012 Ram crew cab. I removed the two plastic plugs above the rear seats on either side above and behind the windows. I took a 1/2 inch by 2 1/2 inch carriage bolt and set it in the hole with the bottom of the head of the bolt set in first and then forced it into the top of the hole. I then put a 1/2 inch fender washer over the bolt and a nut and tightened the nut secure. Once done I took and old shower rod that screws open longer. I drilled 1/2 inch holes in either end of the rubber end caps. I slid one end over the threads sticking out and then opened the rod to fit over the other threads. Works great!

·
Registered
2012 Ram 1500 ST Crew Cab | 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Quad Cab
29 Posts
I have seen on particular crew cab models, hooks behind the back seat in addition to the two placed above the rear window. I do believe Mopar sells a clothing hook bar designed for the truck.

·
Banned
9 Posts
A clothes hanger, although it is a trifle, is a necessary thing. Because everyone wants to look beautiful. For example, a classic suit should always be hung on a hanger. Then you will look more stylish and solid. There are also other elements of appearance that will emphasize your status. This is a clock. I personally recommend Patek Philippe Twenty-4 watches:
luxurywatchesusa.com
This is a pretty good line of models. There are both male and female models. A sufficiently high-quality product that will work for many years without breakdowns.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts