DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Dakota that ran perfect until one day would't start. Messed with grounds for an hour, still no start. It randomly started and got me home, but been troubleshooting for a couple days and now just frustrated. Bus connector voltage at pin 3 and 11 is 9v. Cluster gauges do not work, but idiot lights come on and stay on. Replaced crank sensor already. When I unplug the cluster or pull the cluster fuse, the voltage on the Bus pins drops to 2V. The truck runs like crap with the cluster plugged in and perfect with it unplugged. PCM pins out fine. Does not show any codes and self diagnostic on cluster not functioning. Any ideas folks?

·
Registered
49 Posts
You may have checked these, just going off of my buddies 99 dakota that had some funky dash stuff going on. There were three ground wires for the dash wiring, one at each end of the dash, and one in the middle. Two of his were good, the one on the drivers side was just barely faulty, the ground was there, but just not strong. It caused all kinds of issues. Just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts