DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I recently had the cluster go out on my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (4.7 V8)

I purchased the truck used with only one key (black factory key, no chip)

I ordered a cluster from ebay, which appeared to be an exact match but had a RKE receiver on the back. I installed it and everything seemed to work until I started the truck and the alarm started going off.

I have taken it to the dealership, who was happy to charge me for an hour of labor but would not disable the alarm and could not program a fob, as well as an independent shop who attempted to disable the alarm but were also unable to do so.

I looked around the net for a pinout diagram but did not see anything that would help. Seeing as the truck starts and drives I'm assuming its just a matter of disconnecting a wire somewhere, but I'm stumped.

...and apparently I'm incapable of starting a sentence without "I."

EDIT:

During a self diagnostic I found the following C- Codes:

64 10 - Driver door Lock Open Circuit

6E 10 - Driver Lock Switch Circuit Stuck

81 00 - Remote Radio Switch Input Circuit High
A3 68- Battery Voltage Open
A8 20 - Vin Previously Stored
AA 08 - PCM Messages Not Received
AE 68 - ACM Messages Not Received
AF 00 - Skim Messages Not Received

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
What's the part number on the cluster? It sounds like you got a CANbus (06+) cluster that isn't capable of communicating with the PCIbus truck you have.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Welcome to the Ram Forum " Z " Family RAM2002 :wavey:

It's a shot in the dark, Take the sites user friendly
' Search ' feature for a spin the archives run real
deep ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies.

The original part number was "04829852aa 1 >pp<"

The replacement is "04829852aa 2 >pp<" but seemed identical with the exception of the RKE transmitter plugged into the back.

Should I roll the dice and order another replacement? I cannot go back to work until this is repaired, and its going on week two.

I've spent quite a bit of time digging through the archives, it seems split. Half claim that it was a plug and play swap while the others either never finished the thread or said that a dealership reprogrammed the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts