DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can this be tested? My Ram has 86,000+ now, and seems to be running a bit hotter than usual. It's been a hot summer, so I am sure that adds to the problem.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
How hot is hotter than usual?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Yes but you said the truck is running hotter than usual. How hot does it usually run and how hot has it been running?

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
That seems normal. My coolant will get to 221 unloaded before the shutters and thermostat open and bring it down

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Oh whoops, no the shutters are 2013+ only.

I wouldn't really be worried either way

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What are the shutters for, anyway? I had a 2016 Ford F150 as a work vehicle, and it had the shutters. One day I observed that the outside temperature was not changing. Found out that the shutters had malfunctioned, and was causing the engine to overheat and the AC to shut down. Got it working again on my own, but wasn't impressed by the technology.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
What are the shutters for, anyway? I had a 2016 Ford F150 as a work vehicle, and it had the shutters. One day I observed that the outside temperature was not changing. Found out that the shutters had malfunctioned, and was causing the engine to overheat and the AC to shut down. Got it working again on my own, but wasn't impressed by the technology.

They help get fluids up to temp quicker, which increases the service life of pumps and other components, and improve aerodynamics

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts