DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally convinced my dad to let me go to town on the lighting in his truck. Ive been dying to color match his cuz red is actually my favorite color lol.

It started tonight, but I am completely unhappy with the results. I ordered the 4410-R9 festoon bulbs and the light output is jut terrible. The crappy thing is SBL didnt have the 4210-RHP6, which is the normal festoon bulb i recommend to everyone, until literally TODAY! UGH! So next week when i order LED strips for the floor boards I guess ill be picking up 3 of those things. Im so glad 4th gens have 921 map lights, I would go broke jsut doing my interior at $15ea for festoons like in the third gens.

HEre are a few pics i snapped. The camera doesnt pick up all of the red, its a great color, just no where near bright enough. The rear dome also flickers so ill have to solder a resistor onto that tomorrow.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Being that red is at one extreme of the spectrum compared to blue and is, therefore, less intense light I don't think you'll be able to get as much illumination as you'd like.

Luke

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The big difference between these and the ones i plan on ordering are also the style of LED (Standard plastic in these and high powered SMD in the new ones) and the size. The actual diodes were tiny in these ones. IF I would have known that ordering I would have waited or searched for something different. My 921-R12 bulbs in my trucks thrid brake light when put in the map lights are just as bright/usable as my blue ones

·
Registered
752 Posts
The big difference between these and the ones i plan on ordering are also the style of LED (Standard plastic in these and high powered SMD in the new ones) and the size. The actual diodes were tiny in these ones. IF I would have known that ordering I would have waited or searched for something different. My 921-R12 bulbs in my trucks thrid brake light when put in the map lights are just as bright/usable as my blue ones
Hmmm, very interesting. Were the 921s from superbrightleds as well?

Truthfully I hope you can make it work because I've thought about a red interior myself.

Luke

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea. The one I'm running as my third break light others on my map light when I first got it an it totally lit up the inside of my truck on that side.

Bordin is running red license plate bulbs and the light seems to be as bright and have the same physical throw pattern as y white ones do

1 - 5 of 5 Posts