DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 16 ram 1500 slt 4x4 threw code p0658 and left me stranded at a friend's house, i disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and reconnected and cleared codes, worked fine that night. The next morning I went to go to work and it popped up again and didn't reset after hrs of being disconnected. The code P0658 reads Actuator supply voltage A circuit low. What would cause this, ive checked all fuses.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What is the mileage? Have you kept up on service? You have an open circuit somewhere and is set when either the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) or any other control module detects a break in communication between two or more control units. In other words it is not getting all the information it needs to operate, so it is in shut down mode. How did the transmission shift at the time of the trouble? I think if it reset the first time and not now it maybe a bad connection somewhere at best. This is going to be painstaking to go through your connections. The reason I asked about service is your transmission, if your transmission was not shifting correctly it could also be a solenoid or harness. If one of the solenoid return circuits does not have the correct voltage returning to the PCM, the PCM will set a code for that solenoid. But take baby steps first and move forward.
Good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's a pretty generic code. There are actuators all over your truck. (transmission, 4wd, ABS, cruise control, fuel injection, etc.). Were there any symptoms associated with the error? That might help you narrow it down somewhat.

Also, an OBD reader with a smartphone app might give you more useful info, such as which specific module set the code (ECM, BCM, ABS, etc)

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My 16 ram 1500 slt 4x4 threw code p0658 and left me stranded at a friend's house, i disconnected the battery for 5 minutes and reconnected and cleared codes, worked fine that night. The next morning I went to go to work and it popped up again and didn't reset after hrs of being disconnected. The code P0658 reads Actuator supply voltage A circuit low. What would cause this, ive checked all fuses. View attachment 130910
Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here and you decide to address this with your dealer, please know that our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
180 Posts
The battery in the key fob died, that's what caused all of it
Thanks for sharing. I had to replace the battery fob after third year myself. Surprised the vehicle did not say the key fob battery was low or could not communicate. But we all have learned something new today. Do not underestimate anything...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts