DODGE RAM FORUM banner

cold air intake pipe size?

24K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TheSatinPumpkin 
#1 ·
so i found a cold air intake i like but its only 3 inch diameter pipe. and its a really good deal. but from my measurements the stock intake is between 3.5 and 4.in. i was wondering if somebody with a cold air intake be it, a k and n airaid, volant mopar, or whatever if somebody would measure it and tell me what there pipe diameter is. and if 3 inch is smaller do u think it would hurt anything running a little smaller pipe. thanks for any and all posts.

#2 ·
My '12 has a 3.75" opening right at the clamp area but then necks down to 3.25" the rest of the whole path, even in the ribbed section. I'd really like to see dyno numbers with flow bench testing of the OEM and aftermarket airbox and throttle body tube/hose compared to aftermarket units. You see lots of discussion about this on the forum, but as with many forums, much speculation and little hard data. And please understand that I'm not claiming any authority in the matter.

#6 ·
i was thinking that too jimmy lol just kidding looks awesome guys. what brand r those? and where did you get them. and im positive they helped performance just from what i know about cars. but what did it do to ur fuel mileage?

Reactions: SheWantsTheDodge
#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.