DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I'm looking to purchase a new cold air intake for my 99 Dodge Ram, I had a couple buddy's tell me a stage 3 is the only way to go. Not sure what the difference is between stage 1,2 or 3 can someone help me to better understand? And does anyone know a reliable brand ? Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I found a good one on ebay for around 100 bucks. Didn't do a whole lot for the truck but if you want a bit of intake noise search there. I believe it's called a specter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Honestly a CAI isnt going to do much except give you a little more noise in the throttle and look "cool." K&N and Spectre make good products so either one is a good way to go.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I used an Volant cold air kit on my '99 5.2L ext. cab. I got better throttle response and I liked how it used the stock location to draw in cold air. I capped off the second opening.

I think it worked better because it had a much smoother flow of air through the inlet tube vs. the stock setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
Tray Burge
DODGE RAM FORUM
We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models.
Full Forum Listing