DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone. I have a 2017 ram Laramie with the 5.7. We got the truck without ever even considering purchasing a camper. Well, we got a camper. The truck toes it absolutely fine, at 8 miles a gallon. I was thinking about adding a cold air intake or maybe a pedal commander or something like that. Does anyone have any suggestions to maybe possibly increase gas mileage at all while towing? I know there’s gonna be a lot of no answers LOL just trying anything.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Cold Air Intake will only allow more air to pass through, Pretty much stock OEM Air box is plenty until wide open throttle, then and only then, will see any real need for an increase, in air flow, above and beyond what the oem will deliver, if your truck is often at WOT, then spend $400 fora aftermarkter codl air intake or spend $20 drill a 3 inch hle in the bottom of your OEM box, and a dryer pipe tube to the bottom of a floor drain inserted into the newly drilled hole and, viooa, you got a same damn thing.

Pedal commander and tu3nes change shfit points and, for their costs you will not see any gains, i n towing, might see them empty.

bottom line, power costs moeny, reason tiny cars a cheap and burn less fuel, they dont need the power

harder i work more i eat and drink. true for damn near everything

1 - 2 of 2 Posts