DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone done any shifter mods to their 4th Gen trucks? Was wondering if it was possible to change the end of the shifter with it having the electronic manual shifter in the handle? Just curious, I had a Ram head on my old power wagon years ago but it was manual shift and easy swap. Reason I was wondering is I wanna try to incorporate a 50 cal. shell into the end. i didnt know if it was possible to get them apart without disturbing something. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know people have plasti-dipped the chrome ring on the end so it has to come off somehow. Idk how to take it off, just providing hope. The idea sounds cool btw

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not seen one so I think it would be very kool. Polish one up nice and make it fit would be sweet I think.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Definitely a cool idea, havent seen it, and anything with guns is A OK in my book!!! lol.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Take a flat blade screwdriver put it between the t-handle and the chrome ring cone. Push down. It will pop down revealing a phillips screw on the passenger side. Unsrew that and the t -handle will come off. Check out gennie shifter knobs

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sorry my reply refers to a shifter in the console

1 - 9 of 9 Posts