DODGE RAM FORUM banner
201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,464 Posts
CJ I totally agree with you !
That knob bugs the boogers outta me ! The masculinity of having a shifter in the PALM of your hand is unbelievable. Can you imagine Vin Diesel shifting a knob in Fast and Furious ? NO BECAUSE THAT TAKES AWAY THE BALLS.
Getting used to it or not. Your still circumcising the masculinity .
lmao please stop

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, I've never driven dodge until I got my '13 express and now I want to look at trading up for a newer one. I don't like the dial gear shifter on the dash. I believe another thread stated that means you have the 8 speed transmission which is better that the 6 speed option. But I can't stand the dial. Is there anything aftermarket I can do to change the dial shifter to one on the column? I know it'll prolly have to be electronic like the dial instead of cable like the traditional column but I just can't stand the dial. Any options I just don't know about yet would be really helpful before I make a decision on what truck to buy.
Get the dial - I just traded my 2020 on a 2021 Longhorn - at 69 I am a Old Fart - Love the dial and the 8 speed. I've made 4 trips on 77 in Virginia going up and down the BIG HILL out of NC and back in - the gear selector on the wheel is one of the easiest to use.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Get the dial - I just traded my 2020 on a 2021 Longhorn - at 69 I am a Old Fart - Love the dial and the 8 speed. I've made 4 trips on 77 in Virginia going up and down the BIG HILL out of NC and back in - the gear selector on the wheel is one of the easiest to use.
What exactly is the my when dodge remove gear selector from center tunnel and put the dial on dash for 1500? Is is 2013 when they swap from 6 to 8 speed trans, am I right?

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,464 Posts
What exactly is the my when dodge remove gear selector from center tunnel and put the dial on dash for 1500? Is is 2013 when they swap from 6 to 8 speed trans, am I right?
Late 2013s have the 8 speed with the dial.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Now that I have had the dial a while I love it. It frees up space in the console and it just makes more sense. It takes a bit to get used to but it is a better design

·
Registered
2017 RAM 1500 ECO Diesel Crew Cab Laramie | 2018 RAM 3500 6.7L AISIN Crew Cab Limited
18 Posts
I have two views on the dial shifter.

First> I love it on my wife's 2017 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel. That thing is slick and love the way it works.

Second> As someone that works in Public Safety I prefer the column shifter, we are taught how to slam our vehicles in and out of reverse, you just can not do that with the dial shifter, it won't let you. But dang I love it when I don't want to do a cone course in reverse.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts