DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this might be a bit of an odd topic, I HOPE to not flood this section of the forum but i figured you guys would love to go crazy with some brain storming ideas.

If you have not seen or heard, I bought my 2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab just 30 days ago. This last thursday (19th) I was side swiped by a 19 year old girl doing what they do... Texting... Since then I am going through this whole diminished claims loss thing, where im estimated to get a good 7-10k back in cash after repairs.

My question is, what should i do?

Im thinking of putting a six inch lift on it, (FOR LOOKS) and some 35s then calling it a day. Yes its a 2wd (cheaper to lift) and in the end even if I bought a 4x4 and lifted it the dang thing wouldnt see mudd in the first place... So that would be purely looks... (WILL NOT DROP A TRUCK, has something to do with being a man from Texas...)

OR (now this is where I want all those creative juices flowing) what ,daily driver friendly, performance mods could i go crazy with? It IS a 2012 and of course there isnt much for tuning to go along with the mods but still. maybe spending 3-4grand in total to give this thing a new 5.0 stang killing mentality. (;

LASTLY, now this doesnt REALLY go with this thread, but can I get some input on maybe trading this now ruined resale value truck in and get something with a bit more features.. Im thinking MAYBE just MAYBE they will look at the just purchased truck with 1300 miles on it and not think twice other than I just wanted more features.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Well this might be a bit of an odd topic, I HOPE to not flood this section of the forum but i figured you guys would love to go crazy with some brain storming ideas.

If you have not seen or heard, I bought my 2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab just 30 days ago. This last thursday (19th) I was side swiped by a 19 year old girl doing what they do... Texting... Since then I am going through this whole diminished claims loss thing, where im estimated to get a good 7-10k back in cash after repairs.

My question is, what should i do?

Im thinking of putting a six inch lift on it, (FOR LOOKS) and some 35s then calling it a day. Yes its a 2wd (cheaper to lift) and in the end even if I bought a 4x4 and lifted it the dang thing wouldnt see mudd in the first place... So that would be purely looks... (WILL NOT DROP A TRUCK, has something to do with being a man from Texas...)

OR (now this is where I want all those creative juices flowing) what ,daily driver friendly, performance mods could i go crazy with? It IS a 2012 and of course there isnt much for tuning to go along with the mods but still. maybe spending 3-4grand in total to give this thing a new 5.0 stang killing mentality. (;

LASTLY, now this doesnt REALLY go with this thread, but can I get some input on maybe trading this now ruined resale value truck in and get something with a bit more features.. Im thinking MAYBE just MAYBE they will look at the just purchased truck with 1300 miles on it and not think twice other than I just wanted more features.
I would put it all towards paying it off to get those monthly payments down to almost nothing. Then with the money you are saving each month by not making a truck payment can go into modzilla!

·
Registered
159 Posts
booooring. if he couldnt afford the payments he woudlnt have bought it. blow it on something fun. turbo stroker!!! or twincharge it! start collecting parts. by the time you have everything tuning may be available lol atwincharged hemi would be sick. i for one would be jealus

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
if you wanna lift, go for it..change gears (4.56's or 4.88's), cai, full exhaust, cutouts, tq verter...than wait for a tuner to come on....and/or like said above, check into boosting...

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you wanna lift, go for it..change gears (4.56's or 4.88's), cai, full exhaust, cutouts, tq verter...than wait for a tuner to come on....and/or like said above, check into boosting...
I have a CAI and a true dual exhaust setup as of now, I might honestly just go with a lift and call it a day. Then with the lift I wont feel so inclined to make it go fast as it wont need to anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.