DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Coming into some modding money(;

707 4
Well this might be a bit of an odd topic, I HOPE to not flood this section of the forum but i figured you guys would love to go crazy with some brain storming ideas.

If you have not seen or heard, I bought my 2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab just 30 days ago. This last thursday (19th) I was side swiped by a 19 year old girl doing what they do... Texting... Since then I am going through this whole diminished claims loss thing, where im estimated to get a good 7-10k back in cash after repairs.

My question is, what should i do?

Im thinking of putting a six inch lift on it, (FOR LOOKS) and some 35s then calling it a day. Yes its a 2wd (cheaper to lift) and in the end even if I bought a 4x4 and lifted it the dang thing wouldnt see mudd in the first place... So that would be purely looks... (WILL NOT DROP A TRUCK, has something to do with being a man from Texas...)

OR (now this is where I want all those creative juices flowing) what ,daily driver friendly, performance mods could i go crazy with? It IS a 2012 and of course there isnt much for tuning to go along with the mods but still. maybe spending 3-4grand in total to give this thing a new 5.0 stang killing mentality. (;

LASTLY, now this doesnt REALLY go with this thread, but can I get some input on maybe trading this now ruined resale value truck in and get something with a bit more features.. Im thinking MAYBE just MAYBE they will look at the just purchased truck with 1300 miles on it and not think twice other than I just wanted more features.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Well this might be a bit of an odd topic, I HOPE to not flood this section of the forum but i figured you guys would love to go crazy with some brain storming ideas.

If you have not seen or heard, I bought my 2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab just 30 days ago. This last thursday (19th) I was side swiped by a 19 year old girl doing what they do... Texting... Since then I am going through this whole diminished claims loss thing, where im estimated to get a good 7-10k back in cash after repairs.

My question is, what should i do?

Im thinking of putting a six inch lift on it, (FOR LOOKS) and some 35s then calling it a day. Yes its a 2wd (cheaper to lift) and in the end even if I bought a 4x4 and lifted it the dang thing wouldnt see mudd in the first place... So that would be purely looks... (WILL NOT DROP A TRUCK, has something to do with being a man from Texas...)

OR (now this is where I want all those creative juices flowing) what ,daily driver friendly, performance mods could i go crazy with? It IS a 2012 and of course there isnt much for tuning to go along with the mods but still. maybe spending 3-4grand in total to give this thing a new 5.0 stang killing mentality. (;

LASTLY, now this doesnt REALLY go with this thread, but can I get some input on maybe trading this now ruined resale value truck in and get something with a bit more features.. Im thinking MAYBE just MAYBE they will look at the just purchased truck with 1300 miles on it and not think twice other than I just wanted more features.
I would put it all towards paying it off to get those monthly payments down to almost nothing. Then with the money you are saving each month by not making a truck payment can go into modzilla!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.