DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my question is for anybody who ordered their vehicle. What can I expect in terms of communication during the build process with my vehicle. I placed my order a few weeks ago and the dealer stated that I should see some communications from The factory but didn't elaborate further. I understand that the factories were closed last week for the holiday but I am more curious to the future communications I can look forward too. Thanks, Aaron:thk:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just ordered my new RAM about 2 weeks ago. I was told by the dealer that once they recive a VIN number for it that they can track the truck for me and that they would update me.

Once I got on here I found out that there is a website that you can use to track your order.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/vots/

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I ordered mine on Nov 10th and got here the 30th. During that whole time the dealer contacted me 4 times (most of those were after i called in and left a message). Do not expect many updates. LOL

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered my 2012 sport on Nov 30 and heard from Chrysler in an e-mail on Dec 12. They told me that they have received my order and gave me the VIN and the vots website where I could go and track my truck through it's build process. The vots website doesn't really tell you a whole lot, and I don't think it's exactly up to date with the build, but it is something to look at while your eagerly awaiting you truck.

They only e-mail two or three times and today I got the final e-mail from them that says it's finally in the shipment process and I will hear from my dealer when it gets in. It seems that this takes bout 9 days to 2 weeks for a truck to come in to your dealer. Soo...it sounds like 6 weeks is the average right now that people are waiting for their trucks to be built (from the day you order through the dealer...til the day you actually pick it up)

I stopped into my dealer once a couple weeks ago to ask if they knew anything different and they said "that they know as much as we do now, with the vots website and all", so I've been checking out the website everyday to just pass the time. I think chrysler closed down last week, so my truck was in "final inspection" for like a week. Good luck! And realize it will probably be at least 6 weeks until you get your truck. If you don't get a response from chrysler in 3 weeks from ordering, I would contact your dealer or go straight to Chrysler Customer Service from the ramtruck website.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Vots is useless. The dealer can get minute by minute tracking of your order/truck. It is on his Dealer Connect website that he orders your truck on. My dealer gave me weekly updates, and would of let me know daily if I asked him. VOTS told me my truck was ready for production on Friday afternoon to shipping on Monday morning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine the Monday after thanksgiving. It took two weeks for my first communication (Confirmation in VOTS). Couple of days later I got the "Production Scheduled" email. No other emails since. VOTS went from Production Scheduled to Shipping over the weekend? It's been in Shipping for ~2weeks now. It should arrive on the 13th (per the dealer). VOTS still shows "shipping".

Start to finish it is looking like it will be 6-7 weeks for my truck to come in.

Lastly, once it hits "Shipping" and your dealer gives you an expected ship date, you can print the window sticker:
http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=<insert_full_vin_here>

without the <>. you will get the Window sticker of your new truck!

good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all the responses, I ordered the 21st of Dec. and have not heard a thing yet but with the week shutdown for new years was curious as to when I will hear.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update - first email came today with confirmation of the order...l. It's Miller time!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jacobson.s - I wonder if our trucks will be sitting next to each other at the factory getting all excited wondering who their new owners are going to be in a few weeks....

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
It takes X amount of days until the time the factory gets the order
Then X amount of days for assembly
Then X amount of days to set up shipping

If you added things like bed steps, spray in liner, winch, etc. it only travels a short distance to go to either Ground Effects or Argus

If it gets bumped or something does not look quite right, it goes to FENKELL

Then it goes back to Shipping, car hauler, freight train, car hauler, International Border check point, etc. this is the unknown time frame. Your Ram might be in Holding, waiting for the next step in the destination.
Last year & the year before shipping was a very long process, floods, tornadoes, Labor Strikes

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Geez GTYankee, way to settle the mood.....

Email #2 arrived today and production has been scheduled.

I know...I know.... My tech just went home sick with the flu, right GT. :)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Jacobson.s - I wonder if our trucks will be sitting next to each other at the factory getting all excited wondering who their new owners are going to be in a few weeks....
Ha Ha maybe...:LOL:
What are all the options you ordered "Moble"?:4-dontknow:

I got a Crew Cab 4X4, Protection Package, Leather bucket seats in dark Slate, 3.92 with LSD, 121L fuel tank (32 gallons i believe), Trailer mirrors, receiver hitch, trailer brake controller, spray in bedliner, mopar side steps, power sunroof, and remote start. :Wow1: She's loaded to the nines...
Hopefully the bedliner and side steps don't slow mine down.:Angry:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha Ha maybe...:LOL:
What are all the options you ordered "Moble"?:4-dontknow:

I got a Crew Cab 4X4, Protection Package, Leather bucket seats in dark Slate, 3.92 with LSD, 121L fuel tank (32 gallons i believe), Trailer mirrors, receiver hitch, trailer brake controller, spray in bedliner, mopar side steps, power sunroof, and remote start. :Wow1: She's loaded to the nines...
Hopefully the bedliner and side steps don't slow mine down.:Angry:

Jacobson.S

I also ordered the Crew Cab 4x4, Leather buckets in Dark Slate, 3.55 with LSD, 32 gallon tank, Chrome Trailer mirrors, protection group, receiver Hitch, Rubber Floor mats, Bedliner, Mopar Side Steps, Sunroof, Remote Start, 430 Media center, Backup Camera, upgraded tires with white Lettering.

Damn near almost the same trucks - I did however go monotone Deep Molten Red in color.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My dealer never asked me about upgraded tires:SHOCKED:. All the Laramie's that I have seen have the white letter tires and they are sweet looking. I am going to have to phone my dealer tommorow and tell them I want the upgraded tires... Good thing I got to talk to you:wow:

·
Registered
360 Posts
My dealer never asked me about upgraded tires:SHOCKED:. All the Laramie's that I have seen have the white letter tires and they are sweet looking. I am going to have to phone my dealer tommorow and tell them I want the upgraded tires... Good thing I got to talk to you:wow:

I guess its too late to change this:i_rolleyes::sad:, dealer says its too late because it has a spot on the assembly line reserved. I haven't got an order confirmation yet though so i'm kinda confused. I don't want to steel your thread, i'll post a new thread on if this is correct or if the dealer is feeding me a line...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If worse came to worse, can't they just swap them off a vehicle sitting on the lot with the white lettered tires and charge you a few hundred bucks?

That sounds weird that they can't just update the order, it's just tires.... It's not like your switching to a dodge charger or something

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Last week Monday I received my first email from Dodge stating that my order was received and that I would receive a total of 3 emails from them. The following day, Tuesday I received email #2 that gave me my vin# and instructions on how to track via www.ramtrucks.com/vots. Question is, my vehicle has been sitting in production scheduled for almost a week. How long did your vehicle sit in that status and how fast did it move through the different stages? It's like Christmas morning every time I log into see the status of my new toy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts