DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in a 2 inch Leveling kit for 2019 RAM 1500. The worry is with the New Composite stamped steel Upper Control Arm , if the added aftermarket parts, would cause warranty issue. The new design of the control arm if it fails through real world testing Chrysler good blame the aftermarket Preloaded spacer. Any remarks, comments, advice appreciated.
Readylift also makes a replacement upper control arm 2 inch leveling kit beside the preloaded spacer. But at a considerable cost difference.
Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I went with the Readylift option with new upper control arms and I am happy with my choice. The ball joint angle on the new control arms is so much better.

My thinking was that if the Mopar kit had new upper control arms then they knew the ones from the factory wouldn't hold up. It is a big price difference but it was worth it to me for peace of mind.

As far as warranty issues, I wouldn't worry about it. It doesnt void your warranty. The Moss Magnuson act protects you. Unless it is the aftermarket part that fails, or they can prove the aftermarket parts directly created the issue, then they have to cover it still. Even at that, Readylift will stand behind their product if it does cause issues and should take care of things.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm interested in a 2 inch Leveling kit for 2019 RAM 1500. The worry is with the New Composite stamped steel Upper Control Arm , if the added aftermarket parts, would cause warranty issue. The new design of the control arm if it fails through real world testing Chrysler good blame the aftermarket Preloaded spacer. Any remarks, comments, advice appreciated.
Readylift also makes a replacement upper control arm 2 inch leveling kit beside the preloaded spacer. But at a considerable cost difference.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I went with Rough Country and the puck only for now. But that is mainly because this is a temporary level for me. I plan on going with a 4 - 6" lift as options become available. I just wanted to be able to get some "lift" for now in the meantime.

If yours will be long term, I would go with the new upper control arms. You probably won't notice any difference in ride, etc but it will likely wear better over time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered the Readylift UCA and spacer. After reading response on forums, better with safer option long term. After initial cost of truck, $300.00 difference is minimal.
Dealer will install and align, adjust computer. $475.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts