DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this or thinking about getting one? Seems pretty cool having your iPhone as a keyfob and being able to remote start from just about anywhere there's cell service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was a huge fan of compustar back in my circuit city days. They were way ahead of their game. I recently purchase a DEI Viper Smartstart. You can actually find some smoking deals on ebay. I bought a smartstart for $200 and the guy threw in a 5101 remote start module for free. He was a vendor too. The only thing I needed was one extra box specific to Dodge and it was like $20.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the quality and reliability of product between Viper and Compustar pretty equal? I have one friend who swears by compustar and one who would never use anything but viper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Compustar was awesome for me in the years past, so was all DEI products on the viper side. You will see DEI stuff more mass marketed because of the name and the relationships with BestBuy and some other big box stores. You will find compustar in most of the specialty shops. It all comes down to what features you want, also in the type of remote and then price. I just picked up a Viper Smart start and adding a 5701 alarm. I wanted a decent range remote, but also wanted to mainly start from my iphone. Compustar does have cooler LCD and LED remotes on their mid level stuff that isnt expensive as Viper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts