DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For performance upgrades your computer doesn't agree with, I was wandering is there a way to bypass the hassle of having and inspection, emissions, or smog tests. the only thing i came up with is having to move into an area that doesn't require it but im thinkin someday epa will widen there grasp into those areas. then i saw this site and I was wandering what yall thought about it....

http://www.ozenelektronik.com/?s=products2&group=eobd-obdii-ecu-simulators

idk if it could if you mount it where your obdii is suppose to go but its an idea if someone is willing to check it out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea but its a thought, I just want to be able to do what I want with my motor and not have to worry bout epa lookin over my should but i guess it aint worth a $FAT FINE$ or even JAIL! They do have extension obdii wires so the device would be hidden but yea it aint worth it plus i dont think you can input a vin # into it...oh well it was a thought lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here in Arizona, if you have restricted use insurance on your vehicle (commonly known as classic/collector car insurance), you're exempt from emissions testing. Not all companies require that the vehicle be X years old either - I had it on my '93 Z28, '86 Samurai, and my ex roommate has it on his POS 80-something Firebird, and my dad has it on his '99 Vette. It may be an issue getting it on an '01 Ram, as it's not considered a collectible of any sort, and you also need to have a second vehicle that would be a daily driver, but it might be worth looking into.

·
Registered
479 Posts
At least any testing you have in Georgia is way easier to pass or deal with than the stuff they do here in Cali. I can't do ANYTHING to my truck since the NAZI CARB board restricts everything. Starting in 2009 you can only use OEM CATs, no more aftermarkets allowed. Isn't that just great! The OEM CAT for a 2nd gen is like $500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts