1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself in Connecticut again this year
I will be around until just after August 19th

What a trip, i left California & the weather was pleasant

The first night i stayed at a Motel on the East end of El Paso, & the temperature was 107°F , that is not too bad as weather goes
The 2nd night I was in Sweetwater Tx, again it was 107°F, but a bit humid
The 3rd night i was in Texarkana Arkansas, i did not look at the temperature, but it was down right MUGGY, even in the bars
On night 4, i was in Bristol Virginia, just a bit North of the Nascar Race Track in Bristol Tennessee, i was tired & just went to sleep, the A/C works great at Red Roof Inns :)

Day 5 sucked a big one, it was Sunday, no road construction. I drove through Virginia, West Virginia, then Pennsylvania, as i passed Carlisle Pa. i thought this day is going well, was i ever wrong, Mother Nature must have needed to pee real bad.
It rained through Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York & it let up slightly about the time i finally hit the I-84 in Danbury Ct.
After a night rest at my Sisters home on Lake Zoar, i looked around & her back deck is damaged, several trees have missing limbs, 2 of the neighbors large trees are on her lawn, his house has a lot of damage, as do several other homes in the area.
Several trees are laying buried on the lake
One hill about 1/2 mile from my Sisters place is just about completely free of standing trees, before the storm it was protected forest
-------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone would like to meet up, pick almost any Saturday

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yeah, it got nasty around here over the weekend. Even by me on the SW coast of CT. I didnt lose any trees, but I could hear the wind and driving rain all night.

Do you go to different areas in CT or just up in Danbury?

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am usually in Connecticut for 3 or 4 weeks
All of my Family lives in different parts of the State, so i visit here every July August

Sometimes a couple of members from NJ meet with me & other members at a given place

2 years ago we met in Bethel, before that we met in Fairfield, before that we met up in Wethersfield

Last year i was not feeling too great, so we didn't meet up

This year i have not made any plans, but still willing to say Hello over Coffee some place

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be good to see you again JimsRamTruck2012

August 5th is the first Sunday of the month, so that is my Extended Families Reunion date
August 19th is my Birth date, so hopefully my immediate family will have a get together, many of them do not attend the Reunion

I will head back to California sometime during the week of the 19th
I want to be ready by September 1st to return to my Pilot Car business

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
Glad to hear it sounds like you've had a safe trip, GTYankee. The weather has been bad for several days here in the North East and Mid Atlantic. We've gotten something like 15" of rain this past week. Tonight is supposed to be high winds, which does not bode well for big trees and already heavily saturated soil. :doh:

I've done a few semi-cross country trips myself. It's a beautiful country out there. Enjoy, and safe travels.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
It would be good to see you again JimsRamTruck2012

August 5th is the first Sunday of the month, so that is my Extended Families Reunion date
August 19th is my Birth date, so hopefully my immediate family will have a get together, many of them do not attend the Reunion

I will head back to California sometime during the week of the 19th
I want to be ready by September 1st to return to my Pilot Car business
That first weekend is no good for me I'm going to the All Truck Nationals in Carlisle, PA.

Let me check the other dates and see what I can come up with.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Jim
I know that i have nothing going on August 11
Anyone have a place in mind ?

Keep in mind that Jim will be driving from Central NJ

I don't know if my family will be giving me a party the weekend of the 18th/19th

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Jim
I know that i have nothing going on August 11
Anyone have a place in mind ?

Keep in mind that Jim will be driving from Central NJ

I don't know if my family will be giving me a party the weekend of the 18th/19th
Let me check the 11th and let's either go to a Dunkin' Donuts or a Diner. Keep it simple and cheap. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone else want to say Hello ??

I drive between Waterbury & Danbury almost every day, i can drive a bit further to say Hi
I'll be here until the week of the 19th

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
GT - Checked and I'm a go for the 11th in the morning. Just let me know what time will work for you. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Jim, i think that you usually come up I-95

I can drive south on the 7 to Norwalk
That would be closer to anyone else that wants to show up too
I have not seen Hunter to ask him
Maybe ChrisBigHorn17, Bigred75 & Franco & some others can find time to show up

Maybe shoot for 11 AM ?
Later in the day my brothers & sisters are going to get together for supper

I am open to meeting any place

some possible places in Norwalk CT

Blue Cactus Grill
51 Stevens St,
Norwalk, CT 06850
or
Speedy Donuts
116 Connecticut Ave,
Norwalk, CT 06854
or
Post Road Diner
312 Connecticut Ave,
Norwalk, CT 06854

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That would also work for me
If nothing drastic happens, i will be there
does your cell phone number still end in 1943 ??

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am planning my route for tomorrow, it is about a 1 hour drive, maybe a bit more

It is looking like a Rainy day & it is going to be a lot cooler

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am up & going to clean up & start down that way in a while

See you there

1 - 20 of 25 Posts