DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, thanks for reading this.
Well I just bought this truck 06 Dodge Ram 5.7 155k miles, the guy I bought it from seemed to mechanically have mainted it pretty well , he had replaced transmission at 75k miles and just rebuilt engine 2 yrs ago. I bought it after he upgraded to a Ford, ugh. When I got it , it had an exhaust leak n he said he just didnt want to fix it any more, I bought it and replaced both exaust gaskets and the leak was fixed. After the rattling from the exaust leak was gone I started to notice a vibration between crusing between 30 and 45 mph, it feels like when a drive shaft is out of balance, as if I was driving on a road under construction, before they ad the asphalt. If I accelerate from stop I won't even feel any thing transmission seems to shift normal, it's just at crusing speeds and if I try to accelerate slightly between 30 to 45. It does fine at all other speeds. I drove it with OD off and I dont notice the vibrations. I'd appreciate any advice. I'm just trying to see if I can get some advice before I start taking it to different shops and try to figure out whos being honest. Soo since I bought it I replaced the spark plugs, transmission oil atf+4 mopar and both transmission filters, u joints and engine oil and all brake pads.The truck came with 6 month old 35 inch tires and it seems to have a 2 inch lift.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts