DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of converting my 2011 Ram Express to an R/T. So far I have the painted side mirrors and door handles. Also I just ordered spyder halo headlights. Next I need the 22" wheels and sport hood. If anyone has seen someone selling either of these please let me know. This week I will have my 2" rear lowering kit by ground force installed and I recently out the nav system in it. i will have pics soon. Has anyone else done this yet?

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
well just so you know, no matter what you do it will never really be an RT....if you want to make it similar or clone that'd be cool though. The whole interior in the RT is leather/top of the line/every option as far as I know, hood, wheels, torque converter, 4.10's with LSD, badging, springs(disregarded as you are lowering yours) are the main things...

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
well it sounds like from his mods he's not really trying to exactly clone an RT, he just wants an express with some other mods and maybe RT badging??? (I don't think you should clone it with badging, even if it were an exact replica....it's still not an RT...)

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Probably the 10,000 dollar price difference!
I would get some different wheels though, the forged R/T rims are super expensive and hard to find! And there is nothing wrong with making your truck your own!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
would like to see pics of the 2inch rear drop.
I just looked it up, it's only for reg cabs which sucks since it was only 200+ for it through Summit. The kit for our trucks (crew/quad) is part # 9984 and it's priced at 700+ (which isn't bad but still)...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Probably the 10,000 dollar price difference!
I would get some different wheels though, the forged R/T rims are super expensive and hard to find! And there is nothing wrong with making your truck your own!!
Agree with you, if he wants to make his Express looks like a R/T, why not!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My plans for my truck are to look similar to the R/T with the hood, wheels, painted mirrors and handles but to also do some different mods. I got new headlights and I put a sway bar kit on it, I just have to get the lowering kit put on. Other then that I am going to put an upgraded torque converter and the 4.10 gearing. I hope it will eventually be faster then the R/T. It is my daily driver so I am just making it handle better and look better for now. I would have gotten the R/t at first but locally there wasn't any available. They ended up giving me a great deal on the express so I got it because I needed a new car since my ford f150 died. Overall this truck is so much better.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stangallmotor do you know where I can get a set of srt10 wheels? I had a post up asking if anyone had pictures of a mineral gray ram all blacked out but no one had any. I would like to know how it would look.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
OMG please dont get srt rims everyone gets them there are so many more better looking rims out there if your going to spend the money then get something different its not an srt so why get those rims here are some other options

Not trying to be a prick but if your going to shell out the money then do do what everyone else is doing (to me the srt rims are played out ob rt's ) be original

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Other then that I am going to put an upgraded torque converter and the 4.10 gearing. I hope it will eventually be faster then the R/T.
If you do the 4.10 gears, and a good aftermarket converter, you will almost certainly be faster than a stock RT...

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Not really a fan of mislabeling vehicles, its cool to do all the mods but I don't really like when people go the extra mile and put the badges on.
That's what I was trying to say in my previous posts....I just don't think he should put RT badges on it. Maybe come up with your own unique badges, that even maybe resemble the RT style, and have them made.....like the SLT8 badge a member put on their truck (I think it was kay9)...I thought that was really cool and original...

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am in the process of converting my 2011 Ram Express to an R/T. So far I have the painted side mirrors and door handles. Also I just ordered spyder halo headlights. Next I need the 22" wheels and sport hood. If anyone has seen someone selling either of these please let me know. This week I will have my 2" rear lowering kit by ground force installed and I recently out the nav system in it. i will have pics soon. Has anyone else done this yet?
I'd like to see what the express looks like with the 2" drop! I'm thinking about going this route on mine after a set of 22's.

OMG please dont get srt rims everyone gets them there are so many more better looking rims out there if your going to spend the money then get something different its not an srt so why get those rims here are some other options

Not trying to be a prick but if your going to shell out the money then do do what everyone else is doing (to me the srt rims are played out ob rt's ) be original
I agree, kinda... I'm a bit of a n00b aroudnd here but it seems like the SRT's are the wheel of choice so you end up seeing them a lot. I will likely get a set unless I can find another 22x10" wheel that is less that $300. I think the SRT wheel has the correct proportion and looks great on the truck. I'm always opened to suggestions but I haven't found anything yet that fits what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
That's cool, :smileup:

I'm turning my RCSB 4x4 Sport into an R/T too (no stinking badges though)

Looks almost identical inside and out, only the underside reveals a front diff and drive shaft if you can get low enough to see under my Ground Force 2/3 drop :D
I went one step further on performance and have a 3000 stall torque converter, eventually to have 4.56 gears too, already have several 13 second time slips ;)
I use my 4WD in the Winter and for an awesome awd launch at the track on 4 drag radials

I want some R/T 22" Alcoa's Bad!!!

but for now I painted my stock 20's Black with PlastiDip, makes my 305/50R20 Grapplers look extra "Beefy"

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I'd like to see what the express looks like with the 2" drop! I'm thinking about going this route on mine after a set of 22's.

I agree, kinda... I'm a bit of a n00b aroudnd here but it seems like the SRT's are the wheel of choice so you end up seeing them a lot. I will likely get a set unless I can find another 22x10" wheel that is less that $300. I think the SRT wheel has the correct proportion and looks great on the truck. I'm always opened to suggestions but I haven't found anything yet that fits what I'm looking for.
it will look just like the pic i posted with my drop

1 - 20 of 256 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.