DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 2500 w/V10

Looking for best options. Need ASAP going on our yearly cross country trip next week. Old OEMs are grungy and dull with cracked lens. Looking for P/P.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
1998 2500 w/V10

Looking for best options. Need ASAP going on our yearly cross country trip next week. Old OEMs are grungy and dull with cracked lens. Looking for P/P.

Thanks guys!!
I don't believe there are any PNP LED based light sources that replace the entire assembly. What exists now is shitty LED chips glued onto a stick that fit into your housing to attempt at mimicking a halogen light source.. They don't do it very well.

If you're set on getting some good lights your best option is probably a replacement set of OEM housings and fresh bulbs.

If that's not good enough you'll need to do an HID retrofit (like a real one). check out my signature if you want to see what that entails, but it will give you lighting like that for not a whole lot of money.

To start with you'll need some ebay housings with clear lenses, the OEM's have a pattern on the lens that won't work with an HID projector.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I don't believe there are any PNP LED based light sources that replace the entire assembly. What exists now is shitty LED chips glued onto a stick that fit into your housing to attempt at mimicking a halogen light source.. They don't do it very well.

If you're set on getting some good lights your best option is probably a replacement set of OEM housings and fresh bulbs.

If that's not good enough you'll need to do an HID retrofit (like a real one). check out my signature if you want to see what that entails, but it will give you lighting like that for not a whole lot of money.

To start with you'll need some ebay housings with clear lenses, the OEM's have a pattern on the lens that won't work with an HID projector.
He's right you know!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts