DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my question, the hose going from the radiator to overflow has a (valve?) in line about eight inches from the radiator held in place with a clamp on each end,what is it or should i say what does it do? Since new my 2015 ram 2500 with the 6.4hemi has had a coolant smell and still does at 80,000 miles.Its been pressure tested a few times at dealership with no bleed down issues yet there is no evidence of a leak anywhere. I did notice that this (valve?) looks like it has a seam in the middle that looks like it might be evident of a minor seepage (discolored crusty looking crap) surrounding the seam.So today i cleaned the crust from the seam and wrapped the valve with electric tape to see what happens.What is this valve

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So this is my question, the hose going from the radiator to overflow has a (valve?) in line about eight inches from the radiator held in place with a clamp on each end,what is it or should i say what does it do? Since new my 2015 ram 2500 with the 6.4hemi has had a coolant smell and still does at 80,000 miles.Its been pressure tested a few times at dealership with no bleed down issues yet there is no evidence of a leak anywhere. I did notice that this (valve?) looks like it has a seam in the middle that looks like it might be evident of a minor seepage (discolored crusty looking crap) surrounding the seam.So today i cleaned the crust from the seam and wrapped the valve with electric tape to see what happens.What is this valve
So its been about two weeks now and it seems taping that valve has actually made a difference in respect to the coolant smell.If something changes ill post up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts