DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having to add coolant over the last month and the engine is running a little hotter than usual. I found no hose issue. Today I added coolant and ran the truck for 5 minutes. There is coolant dripping from the passenger fender well front. Any ideas?:doh:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Its easier to trace the leak if you remove the shroud thing that covers the radiator and condenser under the hood.

Im thinking its either the hose (something like the clamp isnt on tight enough - or on so tight that it cracked the outlet), the left (passenger) side of the radiator is cracked, or the coolant overflow bottle is cracked. These trucks have really good cooling systems, it'll have to be a significant leak to be running hot.

Alright I'm back from work so heres some pics. I circled where to look for leaks. These were taken from the passengers side

coolant1.jpg
coolant2.jpg

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
The leak on the passenger side, is it right behind the front passenger side tire, but closer to the engine ?

If it is, that liquid comes from the climate control condenser drain tube

If i was looking for a possible coolant leak, i would go to a real Radiator Shop
Describe to them what the symptoms are & let them check it out

I suggest that you do not go to the dealership or an Auto Parts store, they will end up taking it to the Radiator Shop & you can do that without paying the middleman

Albuquerque Radiator Shops

http://www.jacksonequip.com/jb-radiator/
https://www.acmeradiatorservice.com/services.html?_rdr

·
Registered
335 Posts
Wow thats pretty bad. If I were to guess I would say the coolant overflow is cracked.
Does it eventually stop or just keep going?

Try to check those areas I circled in those pictures. If you're having trouble finding it, just take some pictures around the engine bay and we can try to spot the leak.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The 5.7 Hemi is known to have problems with the water pump failing. It could be that is the source of the leak and it is getting slung around and dripping where you described.
Take it to a good shop , they will pressure test it and find your leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts