DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New here. The only posts I have are related to responses about what I'm about to ask. My truck has a P0481 code for the cooling fan circuit 2. It doesn't look like the main fuse box has a relay for the cooling fan, but from what I'm reading there is a relay controlling the fan located somewhere else. Where is it located so I can check it? Also, my blower motor resistor seems to be going bad since the 2nd speed on my AC selector switch doesn't work. The other 3 do. I have ordered a resistor, but also wonder if that could also affect the cooling fan from coming on? I can clear the code and the fan does come on sometimes, even for a few days before failing again and throwing the code again. The fan works when it does get power, but when the CEL comes on there is no power going to the fan so I'm assuming the relay is bad, not sending power past it or if the resistor affects operation, could be that. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey guys. New here. The only posts I have are related to responses about what I'm about to ask. My truck has a P0481 code for the cooling fan circuit 2. It doesn't look like the main fuse box has a relay for the cooling fan, but from what I'm reading there is a relay controlling the fan located somewhere else. Where is it located so I can check it? Also, my blower motor resistor seems to be going bad since the 2nd speed on my AC selector switch doesn't work. The other 3 do. I have ordered a resistor, but also wonder if that could also affect the cooling fan from coming on? I can clear the code and the fan does come on sometimes, even for a few days before failing again and throwing the code again. The fan works when it does get power, but when the CEL comes on there is no power going to the fan so I'm assuming the relay is bad, not sending power past it or if the resistor affects operation, could be that. Any help is appreciated.
In the TIPM. Maybe also on the fan shroud. Not affected by blower motor resistor pack

·
Registered
1 Posts
The relay is mounted on a bracket between the grill and the radiator right where the horn assembly is located. You have to remove the plastic over the radiator and condenser that snaps in to see it. Mine failed due to corrosion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The relay is mounted on a bracket between the grill and the radiator right where the horn assembly is located. You have to remove the plastic over the radiator and condenser that snaps in to see it. Mine failed due to corrosion.
My first post, but read here all the time. You guys are allot help.

SO, my question is, where can you find this fan relay other then the dealer? IS there a place, if so, cant find it. Didnt really want to deal with the dealer, I have issues with all dealers, but if that is what I have to do, so be it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you find the issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts