DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 02 Ram 1500 with the 3.7. I test drove the truck for a good hour freeway street etc no issues so I bought it. About a month later I get on the freeway on ramp up to speed and get the check engine light. I run the codes and it comes back to the thermostat. I ordered an OEM one. When I went to replace it I found my truck did not have one. I still went ahead and installed it. Check engine light went off. A few days later water pump started leaking. I went ahead and replaced that. Then a few days later I see that my radiator is bloated from the top. It was not like that before. Today I replaced the radiator and both hoses. Let the truck idle and drove it for about an hr. The top radiator hose popped off and leaked the coolant. Luckily I was around the house so it got warm but not overheating. I checked the old radiator and it seems to have some nasty gunk inside. So my question is what’s going on? A series of unfortunate events or was the thermostat removed to hide an underlying issue. Any help and input will be appreciated. Sorry for the long post.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts