DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought some of you would want these for reference. As some might have seen I've been going tire crazy lately, I've narrowed it down to the cooper zeon ltz in either the 265 70 17 or 285 70 17. The 265 is available with OWL, the 285 is black letter only. I'm leaning toward the 265, it looks a little meaner to me with less sidewall, and I like the raised white letters.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to clarify the pics, the first is obvious, bigger (285) on the left, the second one is the 265 with OWL, third is 285, and the last is the 265 black letters and unmounted, i lost the pic of the 285 unmounted...

Also the wheels are american racing dominators, 9" wide. the tire shop has been very helpful, and are also hooking me up with new chrome center caps and lugs. will post pics saturday after the install..... feel free to comment please!

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe I forgot to mention the most important part about these tires, they are coopers, so they are MADE IN THE USA!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I personally like the 285's just because they're bigger tires lol. But either of them would be awesome to run considering those are really good tires. And I like what you're doin with the black wheels and chrome center caps. That'll look really good.

E

·
0 Posts
I like the wheel choice. Very nice! Either tire would look good but I'm with him ^^^^ ... I like the bigger tire.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I got the wheels for free from my father, I helped him with some work and he bought them off his lawn guy used fairly cheap and gave them to me as payment(need center caps if anyone knows where to get them cheap, tire shop couldn't locate them inexpensively). I wasn't sure I liked them until I mounted the tire, I hope I still like it once it's on the truck lol. I also like the bigger tire, but I love the look of the skinnier tire on a 9" wide wheel, it looks better to me, and the bigger one looked sort of "bubbly" or whimpy, just too much sidewall for my taste. Also, I have a 4.7L with 3.55 so I'd rather have lighter weight and keep from hurting my gearing. One day I'll get 3.92 with lsd and maybe then can get the 285!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Do you know what size the center caps are? And I can see why you want the 265's, they still look really good. And they won't kill your gas mileage either.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I measured it is approx. between 4" and 4 1/8" diameter depending on if you measure the wheel or the cap... I can't seem to find this size, closest I can find is 4 1/4". I would love some help with the center caps if you don't mind! It's the last piece of the puzzle lol

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have not tried contacting them directly, have looked on sites that sell their products, ebay, etc.... My main goal is to not spend $20 a piece on these....I'd love to find some plain chrome no name knockoffs for $5 each. I'm sure if I called AR they'd be expensive.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tires didn't come in until tuesday, so I got them installed just yesterday. All I need to do is go back in 50 miles to have them swap out 1 lug nut that was incorrect in the package, and retorque them all, then find new center caps(they dont look bad in the pictures but all the chrome paint is chipping/peeling off). I'm very happy with the look overall, I need to snap a picture from the back it looks awesome. These tires rock! Almost no noise, just enough to not be annoying, and they are much firmer, now it rides like a truck should. The only thing I'm thinking now is I don't know how crazy I am about all the chrome on the rest of the truck....and I'd still like to drop the rear an inch.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
thoes tires are sweet bud i have them on my truck but on the stock rims and i absolutley love them!!!

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I definitely made the right choice, they really are great all around tires, look great, and drive great. I'm really torn now I used to love the chrome on my truck but don't think it ties in well now, I'm thinking I should get the white grill and front bumper (and maybe rear bumper) and then maybe debadge and take the chrome door handles off, or paint them black. I plan on getting a rhino spray in liner, soft cover, black rhino 2 step bars or similar, and then making an exhaust that has one pipe exit on the side in front of the rear tires, either poilished or maybe coated black with something that'll withstand the heat. I'd sure like to lift the truck a few inches, but I don't think that's $$ right now lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Tires look great. I agree with losing some chrome too. Kind of a sport look with more white would look good.

·
Registered
13,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I noticed last night that the tires were very warm after a drive, I checked air pressure and it was about 37psi all around, then looking at the tires it list 80psi max for max load. what psi should I be running at normally? I bumped them up to about 60 last night, seems to be staying cooler to the touch after a drive now, and seems to roll more freely down the road. Would it not be wise to run them at 70-80 psi without a load? I prefer higher pressure...just want to make sure it's ok to do so...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts