DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a HID kit and the guy told me that if the lights flicker just to splice into the corner marker light. Before I did it permanently I figured I would test it out first. I tried it and it worked, the flicker stopped. I couldn't complete putting the kit in so I left it for the night and was going to finish in the morning. When I went back to it in the morning and I forgot which wire I had to splice into so I tried it again to make sure. While I did it, it worked out fine but then all of a sudden the lights went out. When I was looking into the problem I checked the fuses and everything looked fine. So I hooked up the corner light back with the yellow bulb and tried the lights. When I did the running light wouldn't work but the turn signal would. Could I have shorted out the wire? The connector for the lights has three wire coming from it, one for the turn signal, one for the marker, and i imagine the third is for the ground. When I was testing the wires out in the beginning I was poking into the middle wire.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I F'd up? I soon found out that I have to run resistors to my HID's to fix the flicker problem the correct way:doh:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts