DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads, im looking for a Cat-back for my 1500 and have narrowed it down to three, Corsa Magnaflow and Borla. I am looking for people who have these and can give me their thoughts on them and help me narrow it down to one, I don't want to loud that it will give me or the GF headaches. HELP!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I love my Borla, sounds great, but not obnoxious. I have no cats and a pretty hot cam (05 hemi). Has a bit of old school muscle note.:smileup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have a 14inch magnaflow muffler i'd let go easy..... just PM if you want it.... i run a 24 in. the 14 was nice but just to loud in the morning wake everyone 3 houses away up but i did sound great and yes i'm getting older...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Corsa catback (I think it was part #24405) won my money. Borla was several hundred dollars more. I think I got the Corsa for a little over $600. Loved the way it sounded on youtube videos and I like how it sounds on the truck. I've had magnaflow in the past and this is better. However, if you want to go the cheaper route then I would just change out the muffler with a magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've had Corsas and Borlas on other vehicles. I decided to go with MagnaFlows on my Ram and couldn't be happier. Deep throaty tone without the drone. The 5" rolled stainless steel tips are a bonus and fill the rear bumper cut-outs perfectly. You can't go wrong with any of the three IMO...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 14inch magnaflow muffler i'd let go easy..... just PM if you want it.... i run a 24 in. the 14 was nice but just to loud in the morning wake everyone 3 houses away up but i did sound great and yes i'm getting older...
May I inquire about the 14inch magnaflow muffler?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I love the Borla on my '05. Never had Borla exhaust on anything, but it sure makes a sweet tone....not too loud.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Was curious how much drone you lads experience in your Rams. I have had 2 chargers (both SRTs) and had a flowmaster on one and the drone was horrible. The second one had a corsa exhaust and the drone was almost non-existent.

Out of the three the OP mentioned, do any of them have an unbearable drone in the cab?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had Corsa's on my Titan and F150 and love it. It has a descent but not waking up the neighborhood sound and best of all it had Zero drone. I know that Corsa makes a kit not for around $1k and DB Performance a parent company for Corsa sells one around for $650'ish. This was also priced for the dual rear splits. I'm gonna order another set of DB's from my 2013 Ram when I get back from my extended trip. Hope this helps out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts