DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ram 1500's cluster keeps having these random malfunctions. It starts with the speedometer dropping 5-10 mph and jumping back up then the odd will flash on and off then some of the lights like brake light, mil light, and other system lights will flash and a chime will go off. sometimes the mil light stays on but will reset after a while. it will do this a couple times then go back to normal any one have experience with this? maybe direct me to a forum. also having problems with my cooling system, dealer told me three times that it has been air in the system i have mentioned flushing the heater core but every now and then my temp gage goes up to 3/4 the way to H and the heater starts blowing cold air. they have replaced the radiator and said it was cloged so my thinking is the heater core is cloged and they do not want to take my word for it, im also starting to think they are using regular tap water with the coolant wich is hoat and will cause geling. These "smart" technitions have filled my resivoir tank all the way up to the cap and when the truck heats up you will guess what happens, it flows all over the ground. before i took it to the shop the third time i opened the rad cap on a cold engine and the coolant started shooting out. any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can't help with the cluster, but as the proud owner of a brand new radiator (thanks to one exploding on my way to work), flush it, change your thermostat, and put new coolant in it. Back flush the heater core to get any crap out. If you take the thermostat out you can flush it without running the engine. Spend 5$ on a flush kit and an hour outside and you should be good. Get that nasty hoat crap outta there before it causes you more problems if they keep mixing stuff with it. I use the Preston's green in all my cars, just flush it out really good first. Take care not to let it overheat, these things warp heads fast from what I hear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts