DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed about 6 months ago that my Dash was cracking. Now i have several cracks along with HOLES in my dash from it all falling apart, Does anyone else have or heard of any issues with this?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ive noticed with this gen of truck if you see one without cracks you need to find the owner and see what kind of voodoo they did..

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a '94 with a perfect dash...for three days, then it got stolen. I made sure to get the cracked dash option on the next truck so maybe it won't be as appealing.:LOL:

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 97's dash had plenty of cracks and holes in it, I ended up just getting a cover and using A LOT of double sided foam tape or whatever you wanna call it, i still talk to the new owner and it still looks brand new!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I bragged about my 2000 Having a perfect dash then the next week crack so I am a member of the cracked dash club.

·
Registered
63 Posts
my mom has an 01 and her dash has big holes in it to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just took mine out yesterday I am gonna fiberglass the underside of it and bondo the top side to fill in the defects from cracking then I will be paiting it thinking about getting rid of the dip on the passengerside just to be a little differnt

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
I just took mine out yesterday I am gonna fiberglass the underside of it and bondo the top side to fill in the defects from cracking then I will be paiting it thinking about getting rid of the dip on the passengerside just to be a little differnt
I wish I had 3 or 4 days to do that to mine. There's no way I'm going to invest the time to take another Dodge 2nd Gen dash out again. A day out, repair, and a day back in. I'll buy the dash cap and sleep the other 3 1/2 days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I work in a body shop at a dealership and we are always dying dash covers to slap on for aution trucks. If you buy a quality brand, they dont fit bad and are much more cost effective than an OEM dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was thinking that this may possibly be a recall issue, especially if we have a bunch of us Mopar owners with this problem. i am thinking of filing a complaint with the Gov, since this can cause a fire or a short in the electrical wirings with all the plastic falling into the dash, for the price of vehicles anymore, we try to take care of our stuff and it ends up being a manufacturer issue, I dont think so.

·
Registered
47 Posts
my '01 I bought brand new Christmas of '00 was perfectly fine. No cleaning except wiping with a dry bath towel. That is until last year when I tried Armor-all. Wasn't able to keep up with it and the dash was cracked (in half) within a month.

I am going to LMC to get a replacement dash pad. I'm not a fan of those dash covers and the replacement pad is only $70 more including the extra charge for oversized shipping. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been a proud member of the craked dash club since my first ram in 2008... Every time I see a 2nd gen Ram without a crac in the dash I want to shake the owners hand for performing such magic. There is one product I have found that will keep new cracks from forming decently well. Meguiar's Supreme Shine spray.. Dosent leave film on the dash that attracts lint and dust like armor all and it definitely protects the dash better...ALSO you can use it on the front bumper/air damn and it will make it shine like new and all the side rubber trim and that big trim plate on the tailgate.. It's good stuff check it out http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g4016-meguiars-supreme-shinereg-protectant/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts