DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every one im having the same issue hear 2015 ram 1500 i got 2x sets of the 32w led head lights and one in h11 and one in 9005 for the brights and they come on no problem with the engen off and as soon as the truck starts it cuts the power to both the lows so i looked and got resistors and put them in to add a 50W load still nothing and i even dueled up the resisters 2x on each bulb at the same time they do the same thing such a pain in the ass
so now i dont really know what to do my hi beams work with the leds and are super bright but lows are realy what i want i just dont know how to trick the canbus
and another thing i tride was splicing in a set of 18w led driving lights on each one still no luck and iv checked load and it was right at 51w with the led driving lights and Cree MT-G2
head lights and then i used a set of 36w light bars one on each side still cuts off after 5 seconds and then blinks every 10 seconds or so
im thinking i need to just so a separate wiring haring and be done with the hole can-bus bs
im only going to keep this truck about another 30-40 days to be honst i was amazed how hard they make it to take off the head lights and even change any thing its such a pore design im coming from ford and gm i only keep trucks 6 months or less and not that what they make is perfect but seems easer to change a headlight bulb with out taking off the hole front of the truck and light assemblies
any outer ideas on a easy fix woud help i cant stand the pore color look of the halogen and Cree MT-G2 lights are amazing by the way i have a set in my 2015 f250 power stroke and 2015 tahoe

·
Registered
184 Posts
hey every one im having the same issue hear 2015 ram 1500 i got 2x sets of the 32w led head lights and one in h11 and one in 9005 for the brights and they come on no problem with the engen off and as soon as the truck starts it cuts the power to both the lows so i looked and got resistors and put them in to add a 50W load still nothing and i even dueled up the resisters 2x on each bulb at the same time they do the same thing such a pain in the ass
so now i dont really know what to do my hi beams work with the leds and are super bright but lows are realy what i want i just dont know how to trick the canbus
and another thing i tride was splicing in a set of 18w led driving lights on each one still no luck and iv checked load and it was right at 51w with the led driving lights and Cree MT-G2
head lights and then i used a set of 36w light bars one on each side still cuts off after 5 seconds and then blinks every 10 seconds or so
im thinking i need to just so a separate wiring haring and be done with the hole can-bus bs
im only going to keep this truck about another 30-40 days to be honst i was amazed how hard they make it to take off the head lights and even change any thing its such a pore design im coming from ford and gm i only keep trucks 6 months or less and not that what they make is perfect but seems easer to change a headlight bulb with out taking off the hole front of the truck and light assemblies
any outer ideas on a easy fix woud help i cant stand the pore color look of the halogen and Cree MT-G2 lights are amazing by the way i have a set in my 2015 f250 power stroke and 2015 tahoe
Have you tried to switch the polarity.... i know it may sound silly... also, you may need to isolate a ground to those lights....

Take a picture while they are off. Id like to see how bright they are.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i tride to swich it both ways it works fine and also i have another set from the tahoe i took them out and put them in and still the same thing they are bright as hell il atach a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts

What link to purchase these?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea they are bright and dont flicker like hid its solid state they look amazing and you will get flashed thats the reason you need to do the hi beams also so you can hit them right back with 2x the light LOL

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
yea they are bright and dont flicker like hid its solid state they look amazing and you will get flashed thats the reason you need to do the hi beams also so you can hit them right back with 2x the light LOL
Here in lies the problem, first off, almost every advertisement of high power LED's show off their lights either out of the housing or up against a wall close up, yes they are intensely bright but by putting them in a reflector housing based headlight which they are not optimized for, they scatter light like a drop in HID into the same housing. I believe they are called "Douche bag HID's" LOL. Until they build the housing or reflector around the LED, your wasting your money. How do I know?, I've gone through 2 sets already of LED's. The first set were rated at 2200 lumen each, total waste of money, the second set which I just pulled were rated at 3400 lumen each, thinking this was the answer, they did just okay. I played with the height adjustment quite a bit with no real results, one thing I did get was a lot people flashing me so I yanked them. In my opinion, until they "build around" the light you may have something, until then your pissing your money away. :smiledown:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
You may think you're just being funny here, however I find no humor in your comment. I can't wait for you to cause someone to crash and the insurance and/or civil suite hold you liable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts