DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 96 and the horn and cruise havent worked since i got it...checked fuses and relays. had a lincoln ls that did the same thing and was the clockspring. do these trucks have something similar or are the issues even together or seperate, thanks

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Is your check engine or any other lights on in the dash? Sometime they will not work if those lights are on.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Should have air bag light, then its clock spring.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The factory horns don't do well in bad climates such as ours, check voltage at the horn, I'd guess the horns are shot, they fail with exposure to road spray containing salt, and they're mounted in a pretty rotten place, sorta behind the drivers headlight. My cruise problems have always involved either vaccum or the brake pedal switch, It may be your problem too. (I am not certain whether these computer operated vehicles have a brake pedal switch dedicated to cruise control)

·
Registered
65 Posts
the CC is vacuum controlled and also depends on the 4x4 as well so if the 4x4 is working then the cruise should work. if not, then look at the wiring. i believe that the horn, CC, fog lights, and washer pump are all in the same wiring rap. might have a bad ground wire somewhere. i took my CC out cause it was all mucked up. and then tied the 4x4 lines into open ports in the intake. my horns dont work either but i dont care i got a prety good voice and a finger! lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts