DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruise won't stay on around 65-70, and won't turn on above 73ish. I had a code I read while on a road trip, but it cleared when I shut the truck off. Something about 'cruise multi a/b correlation', or something. I'm out of town, and it sucks driving 1200 miles without cruise. Thanks for any help, in advance.

- Christopher

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also got a a code for vehicle speed sensor A. Where is that sensor located, by chance? The truck remembered the codes, even though the light went off. I'll post up the exact numbers and such tomorrow. Thanks for any help you can give.

- Christopher

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same problem except mine will only stay on for about 3 minutes below 45 and wont even turn on after 40. The only thing that I have come up with is the ABS sensor. Im just not a 100% sure yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since no one seems to know on here, I'm going to get up with the Dodge dealership later on this week, and find out which sensor is labeled "A". I will let you know. This has been happening intermittently for a while, but has gotten bad recently. I'm pretty sure my abs sensors are good, as I just did wheel bearings, and they came with new sensors. I believe one speed sensor is located on the tranny, and one on the rear end. Assumption would put the front sensor as A, and the rear as B, but I can't promise that. I am going to have this figured out in a few days. I have just been too busy to get under the truck lately. I have a free day coming up soon, though. Again, I will report back what I find to fix it.

- Christopher

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somewhat. Vehicle speed sensor A, (2661, I think. I will have to double check) refers to the average speed between both front wheel sensors. I have had this problem a while, and I just changed the front left hub assembly. That didn't affect it, so I assume that the sensor is going bad on the right side. Guess I'll have to change it out when I get around to putting the new hub on. Not sure when I will do that, but I will post back results afterwards.

- Christopher

1 - 6 of 6 Posts