DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..

Just purchased a `98 1500 5.2L. When trying to use CC, when I hit the button on the steering wheel, the dashboard lights up. However, it will never let me 'set' cruise. Any ideas?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey all..

Just purchased a `98 1500 5.2L. When trying to use CC, when I hit the button on the steering wheel, the dashboard lights up. However, it will never let me 'set' cruise. Any ideas?
Might be a vacuum problem. Not sure tho. Could be the abs speed sensor. But i'm not really sure. My cruse light doesn't come on at all. the abs light and brake light is on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
probably a broken vacuum line, happened to me. there is a very thin vacuum line that runs from the passenger side of the engine right near the rear side of the fuel injector rail and crosses over the front of the engine and connects to the cruise control servo which is located under the battery. Mine broke under the batt box so I did not see it

·
Registered
33 Posts
probably a broken vacuum line, happened to me. there is a very thin vacuum line that runs from the passenger side of the engine right near the rear side of the fuel injector rail and crosses over the front of the engine and connects to the cruise control servo which is located under the battery. Mine broke under the batt box so I did not see it
I try to set the cruse control on, but the light doesn't come on. I've replaced the abs speed sensor. That didn't fix it. The abs light, and brake light is on. Any suggestions. The parking brake doesn't work at all, could this be related in any way? TIA.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
my light doesn't come on, but the cc does work... it didn't work at first, but as Phatninja55 said, I had a broken vacuum line in the exact same spot. repaired the line and it works... just need to replace the bulb in my dash now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my light doesn't come on, but the cc does work... it didn't work at first, but as Phatninja55 said, I had a broken vacuum line in the exact same spot. repaired the line and it works... just need to replace the bulb in my dash now.
I just want to fix this credit mix up, Credit for the find should go to toprjf739 He's the one who told you to look at the line.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just want to fix this credit mix up, Credit for the find should go to toprjf739 He's the one who told you to look at the line.
Actually I found it all on my own... I checked the fuse first.. then I went to the throttle linkage and traced it back to the Vacuum actuator motor for the CC, then saw the broken vacuum line coming out of the canister.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all! It was a broken vacuum line. However... I can't really tell where the vacuum line connects to the servo. A buddy has a `00 Dodge Ram, and it's a different servo, and I can't find a service manual for a `98. Anyone have any pics or manual as to where the vacuum line would connect!?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts