DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the story is simple. I bought the truck a year ago and at the time my cruise control worked fine. I drove it all summer and started school again this fall which is about 2hrs away. So as you can imagine I used my cruise control on a normal basis. All of the sudden one weekend I came home and went to turn the cruise control on and I couldnt get it to work. When I turn the cruise control on, the light on the dash comes on but when I go to set the cruise it doesn't engage and then the light will go off. Then the cruise light wont come back on unless you shut the truck off. I have checked every fuse possible, looked under the dash for any loose wires, checked all the brake lights and I even tried a trick I read on hear where you touch the brakes while trying to engage it and see if it works would mean that the brake switch bad but that also did not work. The only thing I can think of is that I had the heater core replaced by the dealership because I had a small leak and maybe when they took the dash apart, they pinched or pulled a wire out. Anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The brake test you talk about. You need to pull the pedal up and hold it up when testing to see if it is the brake switch. So take your left toe and hold the pedal up, then set the speed control system. If it sets then it is the brake switch. If not it sounds like the servo is not locking in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks. I'll check tomorrow. It didn't make much sense to tap the brake since this would cause the cruise to disengage if anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts