DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So all the newer Ram I've seen have the cruise control buttons on the right arm of the steering wheel. I'm pretty close to buy a 2011 2500 (as in tomorrow morning) and the dealer says it has the controls in the left stalk instead. The pictures show the steering wheel with only the Up/Down arrows on the left and the Right/Left/Select on the right.

Is that normal? It's the first time I've seen this and don't know what to think about it.

Thanks for your help folks.

·
Premium Member
32,681 Posts
Mine is a 2009 & looks almost exactly like the pix below
note the small lever that sticks slightly below the center steering wheel bar on the right side

that lever has a button on the end of it that turns on the CC light
then when you reach your target speed, you pull down on the lever, that sets your speed, if your going a bit faster then you intended to, you can pull the lever down quickly & release quickly, you slow by 2 MPH
Then you can lift up on the lever & release it, you should see a gain of 1 MPH, do it again & gain 1 MPH again
If you pull the lever towards you, it temporarily suspends CC
If you push on the button on the end of the lever again, it shuts off the CC
i think that i got that correctly

I have not looked at a 2009 - 2012 Ram with the shifter on the steering column, so i won't guess about those

this is what i think is a 2011 Ram with shifter on the steering column

it sure looks like the CC lever is in the same place as on my Ram
i see the button on the end of the lever & some lettering on the front of the lever facing the driver

I believe the only buttons on the steering wheel itself are on the back side of the steering wheel, 4 little bumps that you can feel, but not see from the front
They are for radio volume control & changing radio stations

I lied, mine has 4 buttons on the face of the steering wheel, they control the different readings on the EVIC, ( instrument panel )

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All right, so I figured out by myself, like a big boy. They changed the steering wheel in 2012 and previously the cruise control was on a stalk. All seems to be good then. Those buttons are for the EVIC.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotcha!

Thanks a lot GTyankee.

It dos look pretty much like yours, with the EVIC buttons in front and the lever with the text on the lower right.

That quick user manual you put together will be of much needed help during the test drive.

·
Premium Member
32,681 Posts
I believe that they changed the CC controls in July of 2012, which is about when they started making the 2013 Rams

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks.

I ended up buying the truck and I kinda like the setup. I might not look as good as the post 2012 steering wheels but it works. It also makes the 2-handed EVIC navigation blazing fast. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts